Posts by MattNo5ss

"100% increase" seems very misleading. The number on the left of the graph is number of vulnerabilities, which increased from 130 in 2013 to 133 in 2014. So, that's a (3/130 = 0.02) 2% increase from 2013. The only way to get a number over 100% is if they do (133/130 = 1.02) 102% which is percent of vulnerabilities in 2014 relative to 2013. That's just another way to show a 2% difference over the previous year so far, it's not a 102% increase since 2013.
Deal breaker for me. I was planning on getting PS4 day one too, but PC will have to do now. PS+ is only an epic deal if you plan on using its extra features or want those "free" games. The only thing I want is to play online, not the other garbage. So, it's really just a waste of $5 per month to me. This reminds me of Verizon trying to get me to "upgrade" to their 2GB shared data plan that would cost me $20 more per month when I already had 2GB data. They said it's a...
100+ Unobtainium or bust
I guess there must be a miscommunication somewhere. I agree with what you said in bold above.Strictly performance-wise, the 4770K will be better in some situations and the 3970X will be better in some situations. It all depends on the specific situation. When including price in the conversation, the 3970X's ~$700 mark-up isn't worth the performance increase, but to some people that use heavily threaded apps, the 3930K's ~$150 mark-up would definitely be worth it.
3DMark11 is meant to test how a system does in 3D applications. This test shows that the 4770K ~= 3970X in 3D apps. It doesn't show or even try to show that the 4770K is better than or equal to the 3970X in all circumstances...just 3D apps where the CPU doesn't mater as much. If you look just at the CPU score, then it's no longer an overall measure of 3D performance. So the CPU score is the least useful in this case since they are trying to show overall 3D performance,...
No price, just performance. If I included price, then the 4770K would win in everything since it will probably be ~$700 cheaper
It pretty much boils down to this: 4770K > 3970X in situations when the application utilizes 4c/8t or less (everyday tasks and moderately multi-threaded). 4770K < 3970X in situations when the application utilizes 5c/10t or 6c/12t (highly multi-threaded). 4770K ~= 3970K in situations when the application cares most about GPU power (games and GPU-dependent 3D benchmarks).
I do think the Foundry is a great idea; allowing players to create their own content.Pretty much my feelings exactly.Stat rolling doesn't bother me since that's how it was done in the older D&D rules, but after the roll you should be able to further edit the stats by decreasing unwanted scores and increasing others, like in 2nd Edition. Or, use the 3.0/3.5 method of allowing a set amount of points to be distributed as you wish with all scores starting at 10, but allowing...
This game is decent, but being a huge fan of Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Neverwinter Nights I'm disappointed in the seemingly lack of D&D depth: lack of racial traits, lack of base classes, lack multi-classing, lack of prestige classes, lack of feats, lack of equip choice for classes, etc. You could make just about any type of character you wanted, freely mixing race, classes, feats, and equip. It is free-to-play though, so I guess I can't complain too much...
I'm glad to see others have the same love for them as I do I guess the sarcasm in my first post didn't translate and the smiley didn't help either...