Posts by klampf

I also got this monitor yesterday. My focus is more on pictures and editing, so I already used the hardware calibration aso. Due to the necessary dual displayport connection I needed to upgrade my grphics card. As mentioned in the video review posted earlier, there are not that many with 3 DP-Ports (one for another Monitor or something). So I ended up with a EVGA GTX 970. It has 3 DPs, 1 HDMI and 1 DVi-I I replaced an U2711 monitor. I very much like the size and having...
The speed profile of my 840 evo stayed at the same level high after the MyDefrag Data Disk Monthly I did 19th of August.I let the drive idle for two weeks and after that started using it heavily.During this time I checked the drive about once a week. There is no change.I still have a bit of slowness in the beginning of the drive which was/is probably occupied by data that could not be moved by the defrag.Added pictures Hdtune speed and matching mydefrag disk layout (bottom...
I thought about this wear leveling stuff too and developed a theory It might be that an 840 evo that has a lot of writes on it (by bigger than normal usage) does not experience a slow down. This would also be an explanation why we see the problem has not been identified earlier. The bigger drives get cheaper and therefore people are buying these and putting stuff on it like games or videos that they would never have done with smaller drives, which have been used for...
In your position, I would flip it for one of the Crucials. You loose either some space or some money, that is your pick.Samsung has acknowledged the problem true.But there is no idea, if the solutions is something that makes us happy since one possibility is recopying/rewriting everything,If the fix would be simple rewrite, that would have several implication:- rewriting would probably being done when the slow-down is under an "unacceptable" threshold, where unacceptable...
I am again surprised how many "disk utilities", that I never heard of, are out there.And I really do like hard disk tools
This is an interesting point.I would guess that using cloning or backup or a defragmentation tool will screw up the date as no longer being the date the data has really being written.At least here we see 96 weeks old data on a less than 50 weeks old drive.In this case I would think that anything older than 50 weeks has been included in the original HDD image.Seems to fit since everything 50+ has the same (low) speed.
I am really confused, that the problem has not been found until some weeks ago. The 840 non-evo, non-pro is around for quite a while. I had the evo for about three month when I found that problem and also that thread here. Either me (and probably the TO) are in a very small group of people that test their drives occasionally or there is a different explanation like the problem was not there from the beginning and has been introduced by a more recent change, like, let's...
The download includes IrfanView. Is this intentional?
Up to now that seems to be an problem specific to the 840 evo.I recommend using a block test tool like HD Tune before using the Filetest-Tool. If all blocks are read at about the same speed, you can be certain that the SSD is beaving properly. Only if you see slow downs there, you might wanna check using the Filetest, if the Files are really read slowly.Beside the 840 evo, I have a Crucial C300 256 GB and an Crucial M4 256 which both read evenly in HD Tune.
I currently would not go for a 840 evo again nor recommend it to anyone.At 1 TB, which is the size i have, M550 is at the same price and both my Crucial SSDs are working flawlessly.