Posts by Pirx

he goes through the door and is in a movie... obviously
has been fun reading this. fits our oldschool avatars perhaps you can find a crt for your pc. see, i play gzdoom in full 1440p glory on my acer xb270hu , but i remember the game looked grittier on the crt, perhaps because the better contrast, if the crt had that, i threw it away long ago.
yeah, responsiveness is what i always found to be typical for id games, since classic doom. the controls and the mouse input seem so crisp. in ql one can set the mouse sens precisely via console, mouse accel and even a custom accel curve. compare that to games which only have a slider (starting either to high or too low, or, even worse, offering few steps and nothing in between). especially in console games converted to pc, input is wooden, the mouse lags, and walking...
this. AR films are better than AG coatings, but glossy is still the best choice for vivid colors.
tidy build, very nice! the baby will be much less silent i guess
this. i replaced the g pro with the g203, because of the cable. i can click faster with the g pro, the buttons seem to be better tensioned, but as an fps player, the cable was more important to me. as for the sensors, they're equal for my purposes: they don't skip. so, i'll sell my whole mouse army and get 2-3 g203s just to be sure.
that's nice.
good question. is it necessary to update the driver? i installed mine over 1 year ago and it has worked flawlessly since. so when prompted to update it i declined first, because i feared it could contain needless bloat.
so was my 1090t, at 1.45v iirc. seems to be common.whatever, i retired the old big box. served me well for gaming though.got a 4690k rather cheap, and ryzen (or whatever intel brings to counter it) would have to be much faster in games to make me build a complete new system, instead of just getting new graphics cards. i'll wait for official gaming benchmarks here.
this. it's a shame this facething got so big because of people's needs to put every bit about them on the net.