Posts by ProdigySim

I finally got my G502 and I've noticed this issue... It's a real pain when playing an FPS where right click incurs some action. If other people aren't getting it much I guess I should get it replaced...
Honestly, the downward thumb button isn't necessary for me--it would just be a nice bonus. I realize it's a really rare feature. I took a look at the G602 and it might be worth a try. Looks VERY similar to the G700 though in terms of button layout. If those thumb buttons aren't up to snuff I'll be disappointed, but it might be the only available choice.
I've been using this mouse for something like 4 years now: And I'm ridiculously addicted to the button layout on this mouse. Unfortunately, this is not really a "gaming" mouse. It's wireless, and I have no control/knowledge of polling rates and whatnot. Plus, the scroll-wheel is really badly made. It's one of those scroll-wheels with "horizontal scrolling" which in my experience always seems to lead to early degradation of the scroll wheel performance. That being said,...
Wow, That Sager is a really good deal for the base system. Thanks for the link. I think I might wait a month or so before I make my final purchase, but that looks pretty good.
It sounds like it makes sense to go the 17" route. And yeah, I was seeing a lot of them with the 120Hz display, which is a pretty nice plus assuming the graphics cards can handle 120fps. @Ryou-kun, I'm a part of the tiny competitive Left 4 Dead community that exists so I'd be competing on that Might enter a TF2 tourney for fun as well. Thanks for the feedback guys.
I'm a semi-competitive gamer and I need a laptop for a LAN event I'm going to in the coming months. My main desktop isn't fit for travel so I'm going to be getting a laptop. I've been looking around at laptops, and it seems like I have to pay upwards of $1500 to get a 17" 1080p screen with a good GPU underneath. On the other hand, I've been seeing some moderately powered 14" devices for much less on slickdeals, such as this Lenovo Y410p sporting a GT 750M and a 1600x900...
I'm on a T-Mobile "Value" plan (no contract, no subsidized pricing) and I'm looking to buy a Galaxy S3. It seems like there are a bunch of different versions of the S3 from different stores and for different prices and I'm not really sure how to get the "best" kind. If I go to a third party like Newegg or Amazon, it looks like I'm getting the "International" version with only 1GB of RAM and the weaker...
There's no technical reason why Satellite can't be high bandwidth. It's just high latency that's the issue. Consider this: Hundreds of digital TV channels are sent up to satellites and down to customers all the time. That takes lots of bandwidth.
My G700's LMB is producing ghost clicks, so it has to go. Honestly, I'm thinking about going back to the Performance Mouse MX. I'm a pretty heavy palm-user and the form factor of that mouse was better than anything I've ever used. I realize it's not really a gaming mouse--it won't stack up to any gaming mouse on tech specs, and it's a wireless only. I'm willing to look into other options, but last time I checked there wasn't anything else that was similar (which is why I...
Just to reiterate this point since it's really really important, let's go over it by example of what happens without any 3:2 pulldown.On a 60hz display watching 24fps material (movies/"film")Your screen refreshes every 1/60 seconds. The frame to render updates every 1/24 seconds.Code:time (s): 0 1/60 1/30 1/24 1/20 1/15 1/12 1/10 7/60 1/8 2/15 3/20 1/6refresh: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10frame: 0 1 2 ...