Posts by slyydrr

This is nice to see. I'm also running the n520 as well and am seriously considering going to the Dark Knight.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adrienspawn new lil update: got it to 3.6ghz at low temps, still on air. gotta love the case mods. i put a corsair dominator RAM fan blowing through a grill right in front ov GPU's,so now the hot air from them goes straight out. lowest temps i got on idle: 34 34 27 28 Vcore is at 1.42 in CPU-Z. gonna try to lower it, and if i cant get it to 1.4 ill do the pencil mod. Not bad, but as people keep saying,...
Quote: Originally Posted by ghost How does this help? there is hardley anything there. It's because the AS5 is designed to transfer heat... the HSF is your real dissipater of heat. A thin layer of AS5 will create a nice easy-to-pass-through transfer. If you have too much AS5, while it still transfers heat to the HSF, I'm under the impression that it actual somewhat keeps more of the heat locked up within the actual AS5 before transferring it to...
Yeah, the change in temps between cores should be no more than 3-5C...
Quote: Originally Posted by Adrienspawn The good news: I twisted the Ultra-120 left and right (it kinda rotates a bit) and put it back in normal positiong (i only twisted it to reach in back better. I loaded core temp and ***!!!! im now getting (paint and this open) It's great that it seems your temps are normalizing, but this part of your post worries me... it shouldn't be moving. Can you tighten it? I don't have an Ultra 120 so I don't know how...
Quote: Originally Posted by justarealguy You realize that's bad, right? GET A TRUE ZOMG ZOMG.... Poor CPU ... =( I wouldn't say 70C is bad... it's not like it's ideal, but these CPUs can handle 70C load without a problem. I'd be worried about going above that, but that should be okay... You are right though in that it's not good, it's just not bad either However, YES, get a TRUE! I am very soon, woohooo!
Quote: Originally Posted by linskingdom Agreed. If it is a single GPU, the Q6600, a nice P35 board and some DDR2-800 ram are the best for the money now. Yeah, even though the Q9450 looks nice, I wasn't paying attention to multi on it. It's nice to know that almost a year later, the decision I made is still the best one I could have made. Now I'm just looking to pick up a TRUE and push my CPU to 3.6GHz This is the first decision I've made in...
Quote: Originally Posted by linskingdom The price for 1K qty is $316 so this is clearly a price gouging. I think it will stay high for a long period. I went through this thought process when considering ordering the E6750 from NewEgg, before I ended up going w/ the Q6600. It seems that a lot of these stores border the line between playing the Supply & Demand game and actual price gouging. Hopefully the price drops a bit but who knows... Either...
Quote: Originally Posted by GANDALFtheGREY It looks like he meant the first post after his. But still, Ace, being nice on the interwebs goes a long way. who knows? maybe one day it'll come back and benefit you in some way. Yeah it's very likely, but that's what I was referring to in terms of misreading/misinterpreting... it happens, no reason to get fussy! Now that being said, let's try to get this guy some help
Quote: Originally Posted by JoBlo69 i think I'm going to go for the iphone unless i can find a reasonable excuse to go for the N95. I'm liking the more or less, open platform of the symbian os over the not so open os on the iphone. I looked at the SDK for the iphone that just came out, and its not that great. Huge limitations in what you can and cant do... The iphone can be had for like 400 bucks at the att store, but my contract just expired, and im...