Posts by stephenn82

Just get the cheap permatex at the auto parts store.
I feel you bro. I have wife and two kids, just over one year old puppy and single source of income. I end up giving it away like my last build to a good friend...sucks, because he makes 6 figures a year, his wife makes six figures a year...but he was rocking an i5-760...and got a 3570k and z77 sabertooth, pair of Mushkin 120gb SSDs in RAID, and G.Skill trident X 8GB kit...for free
I too, am naturally skeptical. If I waved promise of a 38 dollar 4790k would you go for it? Obviuosly it would be green painted cardboard and tin foil IHS lol. Just beware. If he is selling it, how does he not have the means to test it? Someone like that (like myself, a tinkerer) has parts sitting around enough to build two or three pc's at a moments notice. The wife gets on my case about it lol. I am trying to get rid of some stuff and make room for other stuff in...
This immediately brought me to my old paintball days. Macroline fittings are small. They also have small thread sizes. In theory, you can use someting of that size but copper (Nylon 11 hose is small inside, but OD is 1/4") You can find 1/4 BPT with a 1/8" inside...just an idea...kicking it outside of the...
May I recommend an TPLink Archer C2300 or c2600 (with Qualcomm MU-MIMO) about 100. or the Netgear R7500v2? Both are budget slayers for what you get. Im tempted to get the R7500v2 myself. That, or the R7800 X4S (eeeek 220 bucks though!)
Can it be ran in a working PC to test it out, stability, overclock it, etc? If so and it passes...buy it. If no, then I would pass. usually things that are too good to be true...are just that.
had it, didnt work. along with other user.cfg settings I found. WHich one was causing my game to completely stuck and black screen and silhouettes of players only...REAL epic. went back to my basics and it was ok...still stuttered and runs like garbage...uninstalled game...once more. Probably for good.
ahh, the dreaded musky old shrimp smell....I hate it. I smelled the same thing when we turned the heat on first time this season about 3 weeks ago. I nervously went around all of my basement and downstairs sniffing everywhere. The dog got a kick out of it, and started to get antsy and jump around lol It was just my coils and dust that built up. Crazy thing, I have a gas operated system. It may have been dust and what not from the electric that ignited the gas. Check...
yeah...that is one reason I quit...everyon keeps saying "east coast servers suck, thats why" and everyone else is ok playing. I always get this crapy gameplay experience and it drives me nuts...enough to uninstall the game...I do have FiOS 150/150 right now...maybe it IS my router causing issues? I cap the up/down limit to 90mbps and it goes away. I guess a single core 800mhz proc on the ac-66u just isnt enough anymoreIt does rattle when I shake it..not sure what...
question for you...you using X-OC?If yes...dontDo yourself a solid, uninstall it...wipe all of it away.Go get MSI AB and tune with the curve. There are some things in this thread on how to do it, and also vids for it. Very, very good stuff. I do my tune of +125 and my 1080 FTW runs 2126 all the time at 44c..It is under the Hybrid cooler though from factory. And my VRAM is almost 11gbps.I say this becuase I was in the same boat you are now with using X-OC on memory...