Posts by Rob27shred

In! Thanks for the giveaway!
LOL, DROT is the perfect acronym for the future of privacy on the internet!
I definitely didn't miss your point, I just feel that it is way overstated. You want a more recent game that released utterly broke on consoles AC:Unity. The Skyrim reference came from the fact that I have not really gamed on consoles or followed what games released in what state on them since last gen. Not because I had to dig to find an example. Fact is, if you really think about it PC & consoles are now on the same X86 playing field so most bugs/glitches will carry over...
I think you are highly overstating how well console games run on day 1. The 3 examples you gave of console games that worked flawlessly on day one are all exclusive titles & all the examples you used for games that had bugs/glitches day one on PC are all multi platform games. That is a very weak argument IMO as making/debugging a game for a single platform is much less complicated & much less labor intensive than doing the same for 3 or 4 platforms. Up until this gen of...
+ Rep
Even though I still see no reason for anyone already invested into PC gaming (even at lower spec levels) to buy into the XB1X, I gotta admit I like what MS is doing with the XB1X. Giving much more freedom to the consumer for what type of display they'd like to use & having the option to choose enhanced graphical fidelity or extra performance with base graphical settings. I mean I do realize that it still pales in comparison to the freedom you have with your games on PC,...
Agreed & well said.
Of course consoles hold back what a multi platform game can be due to their ever diminishing performance compared to PC. Although the thing nobody ever thinks about is the fact that we would not have such grandiose games jammed with tons of content without consoles. The consoles even though as of this gen truly becoming under powered gaming PCs do bring a huge amount of consumers to the gaming market. Without those extra consumers & the money they spend on gaming we would...
4.2Ghz should be easily achieved by just adjust the multiplier to 42 in BIOS on a 7600k. Although considering Kaby Lake chips OCs better than Sky Lake chips I would shoot higher if I were you, even if you do not want to raise Vcore voltage at all. My 6700k runs at 4.5Ghz core & cache rock solid stable with the Vcore voltage set to 1.296v. Being an i7 my chip has less OC headroom than i5 does due to HT, larger cache sizes, etc. So I would say start at 4.5Ghz & work your way...
From what i know of Intel's laptop CPUs you gotta be careful with the SKU you select because they have dual core i5 & i7s in the stack. For your stated use cases for your laptop I would personally want a quad core with no hyper threading at the bare minimum. That said the i5 7300HQ is a 4 core 4 thread CPU & the i7 7700HQ is a 4 core 8 thread CPU so you will fall into what i would consider the lowest specs you would want for your use cases with the i5. However if the price...