Posts by BinaryDemon

Or you could buy AMD...
I agree, but I still feel there's almost no chance the case will get dismissed now.
That said, Jen-Hsun probably shouldnt have commented on this issue. Legally it might not have changed anything but publicly it looks like an admission of guilt. Previously the lawsuit might have been dismissed, but now it appears like a much stronger case.
If money is no option, I'd sell the 7870 and get a R290/X. Under the best circumstances performance would be similar, you would get more vram, and not have to deal with crossfire issues.
A monkey could play the violin better than me, but still an interesting project.
I could easily see a judge requiring Nvidia to produce all internal emails related to the GTX970.
I own GTX970's, I'm keeping them and not seeking any refund or exchange. That said: Nvidia clearly didnt disclose enough information about the GTX970, and that's the issue. It's not that Nvidia lied, it's that Nvidia didnt say enough. If Nvidia had disclosed the fact that attempting to use more than 3.5gb of vram will incur a performance penalty, I would have chosen another 4gb card. Sure this doesn't change how the card performs in the vast majority of situations,...
I'm pretty sure that door is wide open already.
I'm still on unlimited, so probably can't take advantage of any of these options.
I might be wrong, but I don't think this is an issue of how powerful the consoles are but simply what type of output connection they support. Isnt HDMI 1.4a limited to 4k @ 30fps? Most of 4k @ 60fps solutions seem to be currently using DP, Thunderbolt., or 2x HDMI 1.4a outputs. I bet the XB1 and PS4 are simply going to update what type of external connections are supported.