Posts by xlastshotx

OK, I was able to get a good amount done today. Unfortunately I did not take to many pictures during the process because I really needed both hands free and there wasn't anything too exciting to take pictures of during today's build, and by the time I finished it was to dark to take any decent pictures with my tablet. I will be posting more soon In the meantime here is a preview I also ordered some vinyl stickers for the machine See you soon
Thanks
Thanks ! Still more to do such as the blue t-molding to finish off the edges and a bunch more, I really wanted to get the thing running so I am happy with what I was able to get done today Total cost at this point including a few random tools/bits I needed is at about $225 at this point, although I did already have a few spare older pc's to scavenge parts from so that is not apart of that cost. The buttons, joysticks, wiring harness, and controller board I bought as a...
Started wiring up the switches to the controller board, mirrors are helpful for the tough spots All done Everything else mounted and wired up First boot Monitor bezel and acrylic installed Temporary marquee graphics installed and marquee acrylic Unfortunately when I took the tape off of the marquee acrylic it seems that I must have damaged it when I cut it , so I will have to cut some more later Next on my list is to install mame and get...
Awesome!
Ok, sanded the whole thing (again) and sprayed the whole machine with high gloss spray paint and finished it with a clear spray. Results were way better, everything is smooth and glossy as I originally wanted. Trial and error, luckily it wasn't to hard to fix it Finally dry enough to move and work on, moved the cabinet back inside my house Measured and cut the card stock for the monitor bezel Test fit Card stock is not nearly as black or shiny as I...
Thanks I have a small update, I put the third coat and clear on yesterday. Unfortunately the clear did not come out very well , it is pretty rough and it yellowed a bit (I read the back of the can after and realized that the clear I bought is not meant to go on light colored things :/ ). So I need to sand everything a bit to smooth it out, and I am just going to use spray paint instead, I think it will come out a lot better than before
Was able to get a good bit of stuff done today First I mocked up the motherboard and power-supply location so I could mark out the motherboard standoff holes I needed to drill. Drilled and attatched Next I took the cabinet outside to do the final sanding and panel leveling, here it is just after I started After I finished sanding everything, I put the first coat of paint on anything that will be visible from the outside Instead of spending my time...
Ok, I got A LOT done today. I am completely exhausted and super sore, but I am really happy with what I was able to complete. Also I put a light coat of paint on one side of all of the pieces last night to get an idea of what it will look like. Received another package today, WiFi dongle and the wireless keyboard/trackpad thing First thing of the day was to clamp together the sides so I could even them out and cut both at once so they will be a copy of one...
Thanks a lot , I should be posting very frequent updates so look forward to seeing what comes next!