Posts by Polska

Although I prefer gaming on my sharp monitors, I do occasionally like to kick back in another part of my house and enjoy some gaming.  Lugging my machine around is not an option hah.
There is no guarantee with overclocking., every chip is different.   All you can do is keep temps in check and see what the chip lets you get. Your setup should be sufficient but will depend on the chip.   My chip can do 4.4 quite easily, but to go another 100mhz requires a lot more vcore to the point where temps rise significantly.
My current humble setup.  Looking for a new desk for some more real estate.  Have thoughts of adding a 3rd monitor to the setup, but feel like it would be too much (would definitely require a desk change, unless was above the other 2)   I have also been thinking maybe I should find some stand/platform for the speakers to get them out of the way and put them behind the monitors.  Thoughts?   The place I put this desk is kind of the limiting factor.  I may have to...
Thanks Lathan.    I have always been afraid to mod my gpu bios in fear of bricking and instability.  This thread was a great resource and had everything I needed to make a custom bios for my card.
 It could be throttling due to perfcap, which would explain why you do not crash without the modded bios.  Removing the perfcap could eliminate the throttling.  That would indicate the oc you are applying is not stable. Hard to say without more information.
 Are your oc clocks actually always applied?  The perf caps could cause to downclock during usage and you think you are stable, but not at your max clocks.  Removing the perfcap should allow for card to run at max ocs at all times, which would reveal whether those clocks are actually stable or not.
Maybe a silly question, and am sure is answered somewhere.   So I have modded my bios to be tailored to my card at its max stable clocks with custom fan profile.  I have thrown every test and game at it, no crashing encountered, and I stay below 70C so am happy with my results.  Is there a drawback to ocing this way, vs telling afterburner how much mhz to add to achieve the same overclock?  Just thinking should there be any instability in the future, could it end up...
Wish I had found this thread sooner :D.  Got mine up to 1490 so far stable with modded bios in op.  WIll see if I get anything more out of it, but that makes me happy.
worked well, 10/10  
I don't remember the name but the earliest game I recall playing involved some kind of a snake and a pyramid.   This was on a 13 Mhz computer.   Q'bert ?