Posts by Sanders54

Something is definitively happening, when I give wrong log-in details(username and pw) it complains like no tomorrow. I'm not really sure how to check that, I tried looking at the log it made when it fails to connect but it didn't make any sense. I'm just going to kill the VM and setup a new ubuntu VM and setup OpenVPN .
No, I still can't connect to the VPN, but the port is open still (I'm guessing router derped momentarily?).
Re-ran the PPTP query... with new results! PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION 1723/tcp open pptp Microsoft Seems the control port is open after all?
Seems it's more hassle than it's worth it to change the port to something else, while something like iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 31723 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 1723 might work... But I will try OpenVPN when I get home next time . I also tried nmap on my RDP ports and that works splendid (port 25561 for example). Thanks for the help, REP++!
The results from zenmap from Uni currently: Starting Nmap 6.47 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2014-11-10 13:24 W. Europe Standard Time Nmap scan report for hidden (hidden ip) Host is up. PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION 1723/tcp filtered pptp
Hello! Thanks for reply.I used the site "canyouseeme.org" on the server. Does 1723 port outbound need to be open as-well on the client (probably why I can't connect?). I have enabled PPTP passthrough on my DIR-655 (it's listed under ALG options).I heard PPTP was the fastest, but is OpenVPN fast aswell?
Hi! I have problems connecting to a VPN server using PPTP. Background: I currently reside in a university campus, and I am using their internets (very fast!), and I’ve been using remote desktop back to home (using dyndns and router virtual servers to differentiate between servers/pcs). I wanted to switch to PPTP because it is a hassle to move files around with RDP, as I use my own home servers for media storage, so I can stream it up to Uni. What I did: (loosely, but...
ViDock has been doing this for years with thunderbolt, expresscard slots etc. I find it weird it hasn't been mentioned yet... http://www.villagetronic.com/g4/expansion/products/all
EMPIIIIIRE EARTH!
It's a pre production model. Will probably move the molex further down.