Need a bit of advice on what PCI-E card to get for a Linux desktop.
- Drive two 1920x1080 DVI monitors
- Handle 3D (Compiz, Mutter etc.)
- Light gaming would be nice, I occasionally play a bit of CSS...
Quote:Originally Posted by trikte Hey guys, I'm a little bit confused. I tried it on a P4 630 before going on with the real thing. I used foil but it didn't work. My comp boot but it freeze.... even in the bios menu. What should I...
I personally think Ubuntu is fantastic.
I think it gets a lot of bad stick from many as it won't play games, or doesn't allow Windows software to run on it. This, to me, is a pointless argument. If you want to play a game designed for...
I've also got a G6 and it is possible!
I had the same issue, and it happens on every distro I've tested, follow the instructions below and it'll work.
First, you need to boot into the live media, and where you are confronted with the...
Here's what I use/recommend:
1. Web Browser (Firefox, Chrome/Chromium or Midori)
2. E-mail (Thunderbird or Evolution)
3. Programming (Idle - As I only use Python)
4. IM Client (Pidgin, Emesne)
5. Media Player (Totem for video,...
Quote:Originally Posted by Rookie1337 Are AMD's GPU drivers still that bad?
I'm not too sure if the desktop drivers are less problematic, but the drivers for the APU in my laptop were definitely a little hassle.
In fact, getting...