Posts by crimsontears809739

I feel like a noob for asking this, but what are you splicing with the power supply? Are you extending the original wires?
What is the "power manager (possibly it requires an update?) ". I assume it is software for Windows? Define "doesn't boot". Does it not post, or does it not load windows? The BIOS controls the laptop booting. After the BIOS is finished with POST, it hands the controls over to Windows. It is physically impossible for any software prevent the computer from POSTING. This is definitely a hardware issue, and not a software issue. (Unless of course it POSTS fine, but...
Are there any firmware updates for the Torqx?
1.) My first guess would be that some program in the background is hogging your hard drive, therefore screwing up the test results. The "Windows Resource Monitor" will allow you to see if anything is hogging your disk, so that variable is pretty easy to eliminate from the equation. 2.) Defragment your drives if you have not. 3.) You say you have a dedicated RAID card? Hmm..for WD Try setting up the RAID 1 to go off your motherboards built in controller and ditch the...
I once had a problem where when I set clocks in the BIOS, upon restart Windows showed the default settings. It turns out the overclocking utility that came with my motherboard was over-riding my BIOS settings in Windows via software and forcing them back to stock. I do not know if that is your problem, but it is something you could look into.
Well, I do have a bachelors degree in Electronics Engineering, and this idea scares me. You might think "what can go wrong? I can just fix it with the Ardunio",.....well a lot of things that you couldn't even imagine. If you run the Ardunio program and it doesn't work, then what?I've seen problems with not having a strong enough pull resistor causing programming problems, problems with the clock line on the programmer getting interference, problems with enable signals...
If your running a light weight maintence utilities that contain their own OS like G-Parted, Memtest 86+, or Bert PE from a USB drive your be fine.For a demanding full-blown OS like Windows Server, you are going to be bottlenecking with random read speeds no matter what USB drive you pick. If you don't want to dual boot, I would highly recommend a Virtual Machine for Windows Server. I use Virtual Machines to play around with other operating systems all the time, and for...
First of all, Welcome to overclock.net! Why would you want to keep your entire operating system on a USB thumb drive? This is typically a very bad idea for a number of reasons. It is better to use non-destructive partitioning to make space on your current internal HDD for a second OS and dual boot. Putting a operating system on a USB stick will always give you poor performance. Please explain why you must keep a operating system on your external USB drive. Perhaps...
First of all, welcome to overclock.net! Yes. In a dielectric capacitor reversing the polarity will cause the gel inside to turn into a gas, destroying the capacitor. You should toss all those caps and try again. Make sure you have the correct capacitors. The capacitors for the high-voltage inverters and power supplies need special capacitors that are rated for the correct ripple current. (in addition to being the correct capacitance and voltage). Capacitors don't...
Try the freezer trick. It will either work or do nothing.