Posts by crimsontears809739

And your temps are?
1.) Parallel verse Series has NO effect on LED power consumption. They still dissipate the same amount of power. Series requires a higher voltage, but parallel requires a higher current. Ohm's law, know it. 2.) Umm... current limiting resistor? Don't forget that. With a constant voltage, you need to vary current to adjust brightness. You use a current limiting resistor to control maximum brightness. Assuming those are 20mA LED's, your looking at like 82 Ohms. 3.)...
Can you get it to boot windows in safe mode?
The question is: What games do you want to run, and will you be running in the near future? Your looking at about +10-15 more FPS for a "newer" single video card solution. I personally wouldn't upgrade, but I'm always broke. Is that performance gain worth the money to you? For gaming, a i7 is useless (no games will use all the cores). The i5 2500K is everything you could want for games. If your building a new PC, go ivy bridge. :-) This should bring you up to speed...
The 9600GT isn't recommended for Adobe Premier or Cyberlink Power Director. The 9600 would work, but would work poorly in any application that relies heavily on Cuda acceleration. Get a GTX 570. Here is the list of Abode Premier Pro approved video cards off the official website GeForce GTX 285 (Windows and Mac OS) GeForce GTX 470 (Windows) GeForce GTX 570 (Windows) GeForce GTX 580 (Windows) Here is the list of Cyberlink Power Director approved video cards off the...
Basically, you need to over-volt your CPU and GPU if you want to go faster. It would take me a lot of writing to go into detail on how to do over-volt your CPU. OCN has a TON of information already posted on how to over-volt that processor. Do some digging around on OCN, and your find some good information. Dig through the "stickied" threads. If you have any questions after you did some reading, i'll try to answer them. If your running the stock heatsink (or a...
Your north-bridge is your memory controller, right? Try over-volting RAM and see if you can increase your northbridge speeds.
First of all, overclock.net is very strict about being "professional" and "safe for work". Your avatar some might find offensive, I advise you take it down before someone reports you. Never done a re-flow myself, but i work in a electronics factory....so i might know where to look for this info. Circuit boards at electronics factories are soldered in wave solder machines. For a RoHS complaint circuit boards, the solder is heated to between 250 deg C to 270 deg C Not...
I might be able to provide some help in this area...since i have a GTX 570 DCII, a I5, and a Corsair 750 Watt PSU. You said "Is this because I am providing massive power to the CPU that it leaves little power else where in my system to OC?" The answer is easy, but the explication is complicated. Hope you like math and physics! Power (in watts) = voltage (in volts) * current (in amps). Power supplies keep a constant voltage. When a you need more power, it keeps the...
Maybe your memory is crapping the bed? Did you run MemTest 86 or something similar?