Posts by nrpeyton

I'm still getting a red 'tint' to text today when HDR is enabled in Windows display properties.It is affecting black text on white background the most.For example this text which I'm typing now is affected. BUT the white text on the grey banner on the bottom of this page looks absolutely fine.Also sometimes after restarting the PC I've got to "wiggle" the HDMI cable a little to get the picture to show on the TV... I'm beginning to suspect maybe a faulty HDMI cable is...
Wow thanks.. that helped a lot.Any text that I have to type (or text heavy websites like this one) and it's now fixed.. however many menus and stuff throughout windows are still affected.This will do as a temproary fix 100%.. so thanks...Just can't help feeling I've cheated with a "workaround "...Wish I could get to the root of the issue. Though. As I worry I may be losing graphics quality in games etc without knowing it.Anyway rep+
How much of that 1300 watts is actually the GPU alone? HWINFO64 gives power draw in watts in real time for all nvidia GPU's.My Sony 4k TV is 100% HDR compatible. I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX1080ti which is also 100% HDR compatible.Normally when I output my display to my 4K HDR TV (single display 3840x2160p 60Hz) it's a perfect picture. Nice and sharp with vivid colour. However today when I changed the TV picture setting to HDR (on TV) the image was very poor. It was...
Text difficult to read right across windows - display problem?I have taken pictures of my screen using my phone.The text colour is fine.. but it looks patchy.Not sure what could be causing this. It is very difficult to read. I suspect a display problem of some sorts.FULL SIZE - right click pic & select 'open in new tab'Anyone ever exerpeicned this problem? I am pulling my hair out. Could it be a faulty HDMI cable?
Today the text doesn't have a red tint but it is just very difficult to read. It's patchy everywhere. Even text on this website is affected and the text I'm writing now..I tried switching off YCBRC - 4-2-2 in Nvidia control panel and going back to normal RGB (& also switching off HDR in Windows Display Properties) -- but oddly it hasn't fixed the text this time. I'm going to try restarting the PC.
The 4K TV should be in the description too. A Sony Bravia X8509C 4k HDR compatible (55 inch).Saying that -- I'm having difficulty getting HDR working properly. I mean it IS working -- however on the windows desktop text appears like it's got a red tint or slight red tinted border around some of it in areas --. (I.E. it's patchy as it doesn't affect every bit of all text).Under EXTERNAL INPUTS on TV I have the HDMI signal set to: "Enhanced".Under windows in Nvidia Control...
At what frequency is it crashing at? Have you tried lowering the frequency that is attached to 1,093v on your curve slightly?If it is only crashing mid-way through a bench then you're probably very close to getting it stable.. try lowering it by one 13mhz step. If it's still not completely stable then try lowering it again by another 13mhz.Also what are your 'at load' temps like?Sounds like your maybe just 1 or 2 frequency bins too high. If it was your PSU the entire PC...
OMG I'm playing the new Call of Duty WWII. It is fully maxing out my 1080Ti 11GB VRAM (by standard in pretty much the vast majority of scenes). This is the 1st time I'm seeing a game max out VRAM on a 1080Ti. Seeing VRAM usage as high as 10,800 MB The game is also very well optimized. A smooth 70 FPS with everything maxed out at 4k. GPU only at 1999mhz @ 1.0v. Power consumption around 250-300+ watts.
Wow, that's an old title.Definitely a classic.I remember playing that over 6+ years ago (maybe even longer) on my old AMD 'Radeon HD 6950' graphics card and 2.4Ghz Dual Core CPU, and it ran beautifully.By comparison, the 1080Ti is now over 550% more powerful. Just shows how technology has advanced.
You can isolate individual voltages in the curve by selecting a 'plot point' above a specific voltage. Then pressing the L key on keyboard. This will force the card to "lock" onto that voltage and card will attempt to stay on only that voltage. Makes it easier to test specific voltages along the curve for stability. One at a time.You know it's worked when a yellow line appears in the curve window highling the voltage you've selected.Is that a 1080Ti? It's the most...