Posts by kaseki

et sequitur messages incorporated by reference.According to M. Larabel at Phoronix, natively functioning temperature readings from our notorious chip are supposed to be available in Linux kernel 4.15, due in several weeks. Because the kernel software is open source, Logitech should be able to find the parameters/techniques they need to perform their own interrogations. Likely these are already in Git...
Well beyond my willingness to pay to eke out 10% more bandwidth, but here is an example of what you need loaded on the oscilloscope that can run it: https://www.tek.com/datasheet/dpojet-datasheet-1
Thank you for this, but I have to note two things:While I am impressed at the range of languages you are conversant with, this was the most difficult to follow comment of yours that I have read. In addition to the "hole-mediator" commentary, the use of the terms "dispersed" and "accelerated" in the list are confusing.In the terminology used in the C6H thread (first place that I had ever read of a memory hole), my understanding was that the memory hole was a range of...
... out loud [fixed it for you]
Some of us have. Timings may become obsolete, but I wouldn't bet on it as many of them are more a property of the DRAM than of the CPU. Cold boot issues may become obsolete, although this may require Hell to freeze over. Methods used to close in on good timings are unlikely to be obsolete.
I strongly suspect that the memory boards do not present a constant impedance to the transmission lines connected to them from the CPU. The effective impedance may change with frequency, board and chip manufacturer, memory size, and slot used. Each motherboard will be different, and we don't know how tightly Ryzens hold to whatever their ideal impedances are. To compensate for this, we have proc_ODT and CLDO_VDDP to play with, among other possible tweaks. In my...
Thanks for the clarification of the letter codes.
Two points I didn't bother to quote from the last 24 posts that I just got to: Cold boot (more properly cold POST) is a term describing turning on the PC system after the system has been in a state with no power to the board; that is, with the power supply unplugged or equivalently switched off. In this state AMD looses the training parameters and has to start over. Depending on BIOS settings and hardware, this may take two, three, or more tries to succeed. If the...
Some historical perspective is called for here. Viz., "An early version of the May update looks very good. Most DRAM sticks are now able to reach 3200. But please be patient, every time someone asks for an ETA I will delay the release by one day ", elmor, post #8630 of 29239, dated 4/12/17.
Ignoring lack of cost-effectiveness, if a water or water/glycol loop can be run with a chiller, and a separate closed air loop recirculating case air is run with a dryer/dehumidifier, which would also chill the air, one could in principle run the temperature of the coolant close to freezing without interior case condensation. (Water lines to the chiller would need to be insulated, depending on one's flooring.)Or, the case air could be dry nitrogen, given bulkhead cable...