Posts by scottath

Hey, thanks for the links, The Audio-note store is the only one in the same state as me, and its about an hours drive from home for me. (Im in southern Sydney) Ill see if i can visit it at some stage soon. $1k (~$950 USD atm) is about the max i want to spend atm - A deposit on a house/unit is the current saving goal, and anything im spending eats into that. Ill have a look into other places where i might be able to audition gear on the weekend, got a stack of uni work to...
The only things i know i have access too audition is what i have at work (Yamaha HS-80), and there is a local distributor for Swan Speakers. Ill have to look around for places to audition anything else.
Whoops, left that out. Varies a fair bit, but mostly alternative/pop style, Fair bit of contemporary Christian music too (Hillsong, Dave Crowder band, Casting Crowns), Then U2, Coldplay, Michael Jackson etc
i have entertained that idea, but i think that any upgrade from this would be more of a HT setup once i buy my own house, and thus multi channel and ill probably start again from scratch. Im not against that sort of a setup, im just looking for something easy to do. Also being in Australia, makes thats all that more painful to source at times. I borrowed some B&W DM601 S3 from work and used an old Sharp amp i had at home, and it was more of a side-grade than an upgrade -...
Hey guys, I made a thread on head-fi last week (http://www.head-fi.org/t/680993/new-bookshelf-computer-setup-suggestions) in regards to looking to upgrade my speaker setup for my desktop. After a bit of chatting on there ive come to a three-way decision and im not getting anywhere. So i thought id ask you lovely folk here on ocn too. Current setup: Xonar D2X Shure SRH-440 headphones Swan D1080 08 mk 2 speakers + (at times borrowing from HT) Yamaha HTiB sub Room is...
Lee filters .9 , .6 and 1.2 soft Grad nd filters. Lee holder.
Hey guys, been rather busy of late and only just got out yesterday to get some images and some video to make the brief walkthrough i mentioned earlier in the thread. This was a rush job as i forgot about the video till right at the end, however should give you guys enough of an idea. Happy to answer further questions still though - ill see if i can make a better production of this in the future though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6GGCUGwofw&feature=youtu.be
Inception it is quite hehe. Well as ive mentioned above, we are a ~800 system school, so en-mass rollouts is what im looking for (generally 40-60 systems at a time). I have 2 rollouts to do this week which ill do with my new adapted method (as above) and see how that goes. Got it down to running a single bat file, then answering the OOBE questions and then joining the domain manually for each system. Better than it was (manually formatting disks etc that i used to...
Ill have a look into the SCCM lab then. My colleague is happy to be shown otherwise, just couldnt get it to work for himself nicely. The ESXi vm of Server 2012 wouldnt play nice with hyperV (was a bit of a long shot anyhow) - so next thing is to format the esxi box with server 2012 for some hyperV fun. Then onto learning the SCCM stuff and anything else i can dream up. Didnt get the chance to get any further than just installing MDT today, but if SCCM will replace it then...
Script wise, ive been running something like the following:Where generictest.txt is my formatting script (based around a 232gb image - hopefully new systems will have an SSD of around that size)Long story with the lettering, but it works for now, and gets made into more normal letters on first boot (another script)Basically it:A colleague was demoing SCCM on a virtual network of systems and wasnt convinced of its power over the current ghosting. Whilst it worked, he felt...