Posts by scottath

Hey all, Contemplating adding a sub to my 2.0 setup that i have just upgraded a few months ago. Mains: Swan t200b monitor pair Near field listening (Speaker | 24" | 27" | 24" | Speaker) Ive got my old speakers (Swan D1080 mk II 08) as a 'sub' atm via the Xonar D2x crossover - but looking for a proper sub to add to the setup. Like detailed bass, not "whump whump whump" etc Not sure when funds would be available for it - but looking around atm. Probably $500 max i think...
EDIT - got Ninja'd 8/10 - looks like a nice spot for a panorama Wombarra by scottath, on Flickr Another pano. Raining morning - made it into ice with a long exposure - again multi-images stitched.
Much more distortion than diffraction - 7/10 If you have lightroom you can probably correct that image too now with the most recent version. Clovelly by scottath, on Flickr ^^ Look at it big - then think of it as a 80MP version ( 7 images stitched @ 50mm in portrait)
Need some more images around here i think. From Saturday morning: Clovelly by scottath, on Flickr 79MP of pano goodness
Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Great movie - now i really want to go to Iceland for my landscape photography hobby - already wanted to, now i really really want to go..... One day. NZ has been done on the list.....wonder where is next....
Hey guys, Looking for some recommendations here. I bought a server 2 months ago, and everyone loves the access and speed its giving, but they all hate the noise (and im guessing when the power bill comes they will not like that either) So im looking at upgrading a system / building a new system and utilizing parts from others. Firstly - uses: Server: VMWare ESXi 5.5 pfSense - modem/router/firewall FreeNAS - iSCSI to desktop Server 2012 R2 - fileserver + dhcp +...
Yup - exactly what i have done with them. Got my master computer all built completly, and my imaging method works well too (built image in VM, copied to the macbook, installed remaining drivers, syspreped - imaged to server) Now to await the delivery of the other 90 of them,
7/10 Almost got out of the reflection. Be careful with such wide lenses, as you get tonnes of distortion unless your flat onto the subject (and even then you still distort a bit) Stick the camera in the engine bay, would be a cool shot House Shopping by scottath, on Flickr
Hey guys, This may be wrong place to post, but i thought it the best of the options. Looking for some assistance with a problem im looking at atm, and thinking there is probably a better solution. I have a setup for imaging machines atm relying on Windows Deployment Services (WDS) - and it works awesomely. Adds all required drivers to the image, and systems all boot up having joined the domain and all is good. Ive been asked to look into doing the same on a set of...
stick the speedlights on optical trigger / use wireless triggers, they will work fine. (as with the monoblocks)