Posts by roybotnik

Thanks for all of this info, I'll definitely try using the Pi benchmark. I've been using XTU bench for volatile load when testing new settings - I'm not really sure what it does, but it will crash pretty easily with an unstable OC. It's the only thing I've used that makes the board emit coil whine, and it does it in 1 second bursts. Not XTU stress test just the benchmark. Wish it had a loop option. I'll throw y-cruncher benching into the mix too .Is there a way to run the...
Right, but it runs the test sequences for a shorter time by default and switches between different modules (and it's easy to turn em on and off). Plus you can cycle through the BKT test which isn't harsh. Still seems a little gentler than prime which just murders your CPU for as long as you can stand it. I generally use a combo of y-cruncher and realbench. Realbench for long-running stability testing, y-cruncher for short-term AVX testing.
Anyone else use y-cruncher to test AVX stability? It seems that it isn't as brutal as P95 and provides a combination of CPU/memory intensive tests. Prime seems pretty awful now with how much current these can pull. Also XTU bench is a pretty good quick test. It puts a ****ton of load on the VRM, my board emits coil whine when I use it. But it's really short.
My VRMs read 50-60C on the gaming 7 before the ITE8686E bugs out and I can't see them anymore . I hope Gigabyte fixes that at some point because I can not figure out what triggers it...
I've been playing around with fixed and dynamic voltage on my Aorus Z370 Gaming 7, primarily to try and come up with something that allows me to run at LLC lower than 'Turbo' but haven't had much luck. I don't like this high LLC since I'm concerned with overshoot when load drops. DVID is pretty tough to use... If you adjust the IA cores AC/DC load line you can use a positive offset with somewhat predictable results. However it seems like the external load line needs to be...
? Unless there's something weird with your board, it's just a phillips screw.. I didn't leave any marks on them when tightening.
Does anyone else have problems with the ITE8686E bugging out on the Gigabyte Gaming 7? Mine always does whenever I put the processor under heavy load. It's really annoying because the second IO chip gets the CPU temp from it, so once it happens, any fans controlled by the second chip get stuck at the last speeds they were running at. It also makes it so I can't see VRM temps once it happens. Board has been excellent otherwise, aside from this one issue. I also wish that...
Geez, I hope you don't have bad sticks. The ripjaws kit you have is the same as the TridentZ kit I have, as far as I know. Try setting VCCIO to 1.2V manually. It seems to be training fine since the RTL and IOL look good.As for kits with all four slots populated, not necessarily since the system will set up the signaling differently when there's more sticks. Hopefully it's fine since I'd like to pick up another set of the 2x8GB for this system if ram ever comes back to...
Oh nice, going to download and try that out. You should definitely be able to get your sticks working at 3200 and beyond, I have the same set I think (is it TridentZ?). Are you using the DIMM slots nearest to the CPU or away from it? I tried putting them into the DIMM0 slots for each channel and couldn't even get the memory to train, so back to DIMM1.
I am pretty sure they continue to use the IHS/TIM combo so that we void our warranties by delidding before we start pushing our chips . And it probably costs less than soldering.