Posts by systemaxd

Quote: Originally Posted by W4LNUT5 So you tried the 8800 and no problems? Another solution is to try baking it. - Remove the heatsink, and clean the card. - Put it on a cookie sheet covered in tinfoil - Prop the card up with tinfoil balls, gpu facing down on the cookie sheet. - preheat the Oven to 385F - Once heated, place the cookie sheet with card into the oven. - Set a timer for 7-8min - But be sure to keep checking before then. Once...
Ya thats what i was dreading to hear but only option left guess i'll have to go back to the 8500gt @1680x1050 res with minimum settings for another month. Now just to get in touch with the original owner as the trade was a 3 step trade i believe A -> B -> C unknown__guy i am trying to contact atm ___ me
Quote: Originally Posted by Syrillian Have you tried the other PCI-E slot? Not yet might make a last attempt put stock cooler on and move between my 2 machines and test operation there. Quote: Originally Posted by youra6 Is the PSU okay? I would check the 12v railings to be sure with a multimeter. Gold contacts undamaged? Yes psu is ok as are the contacts to confirm this i just did 2 more tests 1. had a ocz 600W...
See post 51 problem is solved and back on water Original problem with the unisink and mcw60 on card Quote: I am officially stumped and furious at this card at this card now. At this point i may be willing to downgrade back to my 8800gtx. Problem: can not run more than 2 min (usually goes 1 min+ before it crashes) in furmark stability test till pc crashes and have to power down completely (often as i get 1 long 3 short beeps in post) or some times reset...
#4 luckey
#3 i think
Quote: Originally Posted by MNiceGuy I find myself staring at a black screen and then the POST screen. No halts, no errors, no BSOD...just restarted like someone flipped a switch. I had this exact problem for a month or so and could not figure it out was able to IBT for 13 passes max stress 64 bit just fine but while gaming at random time this would happen. I was frustrated enough to drop my NB clock down and the problem went away Was at...
Quote: Originally Posted by youra6 Thanks for the post +1 rep sir. I kind of got confused there. Do you mind re-clarifying this a bit more? Also when people say this GTX 280 (for example) wont take up all the bandwidth of the PCI-E slot, they dont refer to the 140 gb/s do they? Because then the numbers dont match up... 8 gb/s on the PCI versus the 140 gb/s on the GPU Q#1: The open GL/direct X data is how all games and certain programs are...
Make it a place for a 'swap HDD spot' if cabling works and you might swap HDDs in and out to move data off them occasionally . i.e. restoring your steam folder, moving 400gb of movies files to the HDD temperately (sp) to later remove and put in storage till you need to back up again.