Posts by Show4Pro

Thanks! Glad you liked it.The hard drive setup was carried over from my previous rig. I honestly didn't think too much about the practicality of having 8 drives, and was too lazy to change it.The main reason I kept with 4 HDDs and 4 SSDs was for the look. I thought the repetitiveness with the spacing and cables added to the overall 'techy' effect.As for the setup. I have 2 x RAID0 arrays for my SSDs, 1 for OS, and 1 for games. I tried 4 way RAID0 SSDs, it was only faster...
Those are some pretty solid advice Mystriss!The "V" cut is definitely one of the most challenging part of this build. I initially formed the V by doing 2 x 45deg dado cuts on my cable saw. But that was pretty dangerous and didn't yield consistent cuts.. So I went with the router.I'm not sure what router you are using. But it seems that I get better results the faster it is. I think my router is doing 25,000 RPM. It melts the acrylic when cutting the "V", but with a few...
The powered extender would go on the GPU side.See this post on how I mounted the GPUs.http://www.overclock.net/t/1424387/gallery-build-log-ultimate-wall-mount-rig-maxxplanck-v2-completed/340#post_22188733Also from another build:To prevent the card from falling forward, I anchored the 6pin and 8pin power cables on the back side of the board.The PCIe riser card is screwed into the board as well.
Reserved
Reserved
Hey folks,The wall mount build - MAXxPlanck V2 I did couple years ago was quite the sensation on the interwebs. I had since custom built 5 of these wall mount rig for fellow people on the internet, and also received numerous questions on build details and how to fabricate one. So I decided to make a video build log while making my next rig. Here are few of my completed projects: [[SPOILER]] [[SPOILER]] This tutorial / build log details my process of fabrication. There...
This is what I have; 1.75 HPhttp://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mastercraft-fixed-router-and-table-0546938p.htmlWhen cutting the V, it melts on mine as well. I just route it again once the melted bits harden to clean it up.
That's not normal at all. I'd try re-seating the heatsink.
Just finished a new build with Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 mobo /w 4690k, and the pair of Sapphire 7970s from my old rig. Fresh Windows 8.1 install. Put on the latest beta catalyst driver, and I get no options under the Performance tab for crossfire. Tried uninstalling the driver with Display Driver Uninstaller each time, and putting on 14.9 and 14.12; Same deal with all the drivers. Here's a screenshot of the Hardware tab. It's showing a Primary Adapter, and a Disabled...
Fantastic work Coroex! Looks awesome!