Posts by xlink

Paying cash is overrated. If you have risk tolerance, it's better to get a loan, and then to place the associated funds in the market.Ther important part is having the financial wherewithal that you COULD pay cash if you wanted - which I do.
I've never had a car payment. I have the ability to immediately pay off all my debt, student loans included. Invariably any vehicle purchases would be to impress someone other than myself... and that seldom actually works.low TCO. I probably don't maintain it enough but it's so easy not to when my commute is under 5 miles. Part of me wants to upgrade to a new to me truck - my 2003 f150 has the body that was introduced in '97, I could feign newness with a 2009 while still...
part of me wants a nice car... at the same time I currently drive a 10+ year old truck... which I view as cheap, nearly indestructible and reliable... If I had money... of course my definition of adequate money is on a sliding scale which gets higher with each raise and bonus... and each time I double my retirement fund contributions...
It's an AI of sorts.It runs through the many hundreds of gigabytes or terabytes worth of data, uses that data to generate a set of heuristics and then uses those heuristics repeatedly. The set of heuristic's size would be measured in kilobytes, not gigabytes or terabytes.If you want to get very philosophical, you might argue that it's not AI but rather Machine Learning... even then there's incredible overlap and there's debate as to what constitutes what within the realms...
IT'S HAPPENING.
mostly milk.PS3 gives 720p +AA or 1080p w/o AA, occasional lagMy guess: PS4 will likely do 1080p + AA w/o lag. Maybe slightly better shaders and a few small compromises done away with.
There's a stochastic element at play, it's a game of chance. In the long run it'd be nearly impossible to win. It'd be like rolling dice where you win if you get a 1 and the computer wins if it gets 2-6. Yes, it's possible for the human to win in the short run, but the expected value of doing 10 $1 bets against the AI is -$7 from the human with over a 99.75% chance overall that the AI comes out ahead. That's not an infinitely long time unless you're really inebriated.Let's...
I saw this. Applied/pure math courses were mostly gender balanced.Engineering... HAHAHAHA. No.Even where I work, most of the women are in sales and marketing.
How machine learning works1) acquire and read in data2) process the data to find patterns3) spit out the patterns in a usable formatThink of it similar to using language detection on your phone. It requires a super computer to get/update the original algorithm but processing individual runs of the algorithm isn't that intensivehere's an introductory coursehttps://www.coursera.org/course/ml
You're about to get a 5% upgrade for free.My personal thought is that the threshold, here and now, should be around 10/1Given the level of bureaucratic red tape involved though I could see some value in setting the standard with the future in mind.Full disclosure, my opinions are not those of my employer and if a certain merger goes through I'll be an AT&T employee in the next few months.