Posts by xlink

basically this...Assume Zen is 10% slower at the same clocks and clocks 10% lower... and identical hyperthreading performance plus. I expect that both of these are reasonable guesses. Think Ivy Bridge level performance at 4.2 Ghz vs Kaby Lake @ 4.6 Ghz.That places single/lightly threaded apps at around 20% faster on Intel chips.Then comparing 6 core vs 8 core highly threaded performance...6(Intel Cores)*1.2() / 8(AMD Cores) = 90%This would imply that a 6 core Intel CPU...
Don't like it? Make your own company.No seriously most people who run their own businesses report much higher life satisfaction for a given level of income.My non-union job has decent benefits (401k, pension, medical, dental, tuition reiumbursement, free/discounted products and a bunch of misc perks) and pays fairly well. With that said, there's a relative labor scarcity for people with my skillset and I outearn 90% of people my age and get overtime pay after 40 hours a...
I'm expecting this means that it's the same chip with the functional units doubled. NOT SLI in a box.
No.
I'm sure Daimler and Volkswagen are excited about this...
If I find myself with a lot of money further along my career I'll likely use a unit like this one for an amazing "dream build."
I'm predicting the 5000 series will be underwhelming, loud and power-inefficient and the 8000 series will be amazing.
They might want a better graphics card than that though.
Great article. I think some points made REALLY shed light on how whiney some PC gamers are. I think the ideal approach to this complaint should be limiting certain options on first release... wait until game reviews are out... then unlock the sliders in a patch later on... maybe leak a patch that unlocks certain things on day 1.... People will think the company cares AND they won't rant about a lack of optimization.
In game AIs are in the game and have game info fed to them. They're made specifically for one game.This is basically being told - look this is what we have on the screen, here are few things to strive for and a few to avoid, go practice until you're good.The latter approach could in theory be ported to ANY game... imagine your next game's being driven by this... each enemy AI is fed a 100x130 field of pixels at 30FPS(steady) plus info on its own kills/deaths/items and told...