Posts by xlink

It's timings/frequency that affects latency.The latency on DDR1-400 2-2-2 is similar to DDR4-3000 15-15-15
Cloning miniature Hector Ruizes, placing them in hamster wheels and letting them run our computers.
Good luck getting that to happen. Basically everyone relies on the internet and lots of communication is done over it, vpn or not.
If clocks on the RAM are high enough interface doesn't matter.ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS TONS OF ON CHIP CACHE.The overwhelming majority of the time, overclocking GPU memory hardly helps performance. Try underclocking your memory and see if it meaningfully impacts your experience.older article but... http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/08/17/asus_rog_matrix_gtx580_platinum_video_card_review/14#.U-u3RfldU4k
I feel very disconcerted while watching hyperlapse clips. Too much smoothing of visuals in the first city run. Then I saw things popping in and out in the rock climbing scene... then the bike path... then... This will probably be quite interesting in 1 or 2 years but it isn't quite ready for prime time yet.
"it depends" comes to mind.I wouldn't suggest upping the GPU or CPU, that's a nightmare.Memory addons are simple, usually work well when it comes to backwards compatability (limit it via SW if you must) and can be cheap. The current consoles have 8gb RAM. Conceivably, it wouldn't be THAT hard to incorporate memory upgrades. It might add $1-2 to each console throughout its lifespan for initial versions.... BUT you could get away with less RAM on Day 1 which would help...
Probably should go into rumors...
So basically this is made to do multi-layer perceptrons, right?
Those are with clock speed increases and core count boosts
Since the days when a chip OCed on air was no longer >10% faster than last year's chip on air.I still remember 2006Opteron 165 1.8Ghz ->2.8Ghz (55.6% increase)Core 2 Duo e6400 2.13Ghz -> 3.7Ghz (73.4% increase and ~60% faster than the opty at the same cost)2007 brought us quad core and Penryn... depending on how you count it that was a ~1.5-2.5x increase over 2006Even 2008... OCed Nehalem was a 20-40% boost over 2007 chips...2009 was roughly a 30% boost2010...