Posts by xlink

They might want a better graphics card than that though.
Great article. I think some points made REALLY shed light on how whiney some PC gamers are. I think the ideal approach to this complaint should be limiting certain options on first release... wait until game reviews are out... then unlock the sliders in a patch later on... maybe leak a patch that unlocks certain things on day 1.... People will think the company cares AND they won't rant about a lack of optimization.
In game AIs are in the game and have game info fed to them. They're made specifically for one game.This is basically being told - look this is what we have on the screen, here are few things to strive for and a few to avoid, go practice until you're good.The latter approach could in theory be ported to ANY game... imagine your next game's being driven by this... each enemy AI is fed a 100x130 field of pixels at 30FPS(steady) plus info on its own kills/deaths/items and told...
Comcast pretty much needs to do this. Their terrestrial networks are already in place. That's often the hard part. Beyond that, their pay TV service is going to dry up. They need to squeeze use out of what they have.
YES, YES, YES LET'S DO THIS. Make the XB1 and PS4 compatible with it too.
It usually takes 1-5 years to get stuff like this implemented. We won't be seeing it in time for Zen.
I could understand data caps on "full speed" internet during peak hours and throttled service after that - preferably on a daily basis with some carry over limit. The goal is to discourage waste. I'm fine with waste reduction. During non-peak hours... let the hounds loose. I say this as a heavy internet user who works at a major telco.
It's not like this was a major redesign.
You guys realize that not every job is the same. Dell got rid of their worst workers/people in obsolete positions and is getting newer, better people to fill more needed roles.
What is this called? Name? Link?