Posts by Edgey

Will give it a go, ta. Thinking about it there would probably be room for a rad up there if that fan wasn't in place...
Sadly it seems my S1283 is not really up to the task of keeping my Q9550 cool, and I know it has more to offer than the 4ghz I currently have. What is a good start to WCing? I have holes in the back of my case for the tubes but they are currently filled with a pair of switches, could change that though. Would like to keep it all in the case but I have a feeling that will be impossible in my mid tower. As I'm running a high FSB with 8gb ram I do also wonder if...
I think perhaps I need to have a play with LLC as I do have some pretty silly vdroop at the moment, though I don't suppose that would affect the load temps? Current set up is: Silverstone 120mm upper front intake, S1283, Standard 120mm exhaust. Also has the big lower intake too. It also has the big intake on top of the case blowing on the side of the s1283. Really poor pic but it's like this: Working on Silverstone's theory of positive pressure, there is certainly...
We've had a warmer few weeks and I am seeing 70+ deg on prime95, ambient tends to be low to mid 20's. Is it just that I've found it's limits, or would a Scythe 3000 rpm or similar help? I have an additional 120mm intake at the front of my Silverstone case so I'm pretty sure airflow is not an issue.
Had the case a couple of months now and I'm still very pleased with my choice. I have been touching late 60 degs on hot days playing FSX so I decided it was about time I bought the front intake fan, so £93 later : Silverstone SST-CFP51B Front intake fan / bay adaptor Silverstone SST-FP34B Black 3.5" Card Reader Silverstone FP51B Aluminium Black 5.25>3.5" bay Adaptor 2x Sharkoon 4" White CCFL 2in1 Kit Will put some pics up when I'm done
I have an S1283 with crossbox, using the zalman grease. I see 68 deg on one core, 60ish on the other three - that's overclocked to 4ghz, I have the fan fixed on full power and it's barely audable.
I upped the NB to 1.3v (8gb ram causing issues initially), but other than adding vcore I've done nothing clever. Would be interesting to hear how LLC works and if it's safe on this chip. Edit: Thanks, was my goal and here we are! - No more unless I can sort something with the cooling, but I think it's fair to say the chip has more than 4ghz to offer.
Quote: Originally Posted by BlankThis In the BIOS enable LLC (Load Line Calibration) And also make sure that you have your 8pin 12v+ CPU power plugged in. I noticed that I had awful vDroop with only the 4pin. Once I plugged in the 8pin I had 0 vDroop. Both will help with the difference in voltage from BIOS to Windows as well as stability. ~B~ The 8 pin is definately in as it was a pita to get the cable to! Most say LLC +45nm is a bad...
Seems to be a feature of the board - there are a few that suggest turning LLC on, not played with that before though tbh.
Showing 1.216v in cpuz, just over 1.3 in bios, happy days Hitting 70 deg on one core, around 65 on the other 3 with my Xiggy, am tempted to add the silverstone intake to feed the cpu fan with cool air, should help a touch I think. The paste is only a couple of days old too so there's likely to be a degree or two save there. 25 mins and still stable, fingers crossed it lasts over night!