Posts by shlunky

Ahhhh, Veeam......bah. I will take System Center over Veeam any day.I would love to get a few of these CPU's on a board with 512GB of RAM and set up some connection Pool's. I could put two in each location and have them fail over to each other. Throw in a few Grid cards and she is good to go.Of course I couldn't get the budget for that passed.BAH!! I guess I will stick with the IB xeon's and GT 740's lol.§
I would love to get my hands on a few of these to build out my companies VDI..... §
I am running a Sabertooth x79, and it is a GREAT board. I haven't used one in the AMD realm, but I would have to imagine that the Sabertooth line is solid no matter. They came with a 5 year warranty too so there is that advantage. The trouble would be finding one at a low price. §
While I agree, Zen would be a much better long term solution, but you have to consider all aspects. Will he have to buy new memory to upgrade to Zen? I don't know all of the specs of the AM4 socket, so I don't know if the new CPU's have an integrated DDR3 memory controller as well. I suspect they will, but there is no guarantee. Without knowing the budget and severity of the current issue, it really is hard to give definitive advice on a course of action. §
In order to properly answer your question, I would ask what is the purpose of the system? What kind of cooler do you have now and how long do you want to get out of the updated system? §
In all honesty, I doubt this will happen. I whole heartily hope I am wrong. I currently am running dual 980ti SC's that I plan to sell for Vega, pending reviews of course. I have about $300 EVGA bucks that I don't know what I can use them on. I really want to support AMD, but I also don't want to leave EVGA. I greatly appreciate every aspect of being a customer of theirs. Their website, forum interaction with staff members, Customer Service when you need them, as...
As someone whom lives about 10 minutes from a Fulfillment center and has paid tax for a while now, it isn't that big of an impact. Not one as much as you would imagine. Look at the products you buy. There are quite often Prime options sold from other sellers that are fulfilled by Amazon. You get the same speedy delivery (90% of the time) and still don't have to pay tax. That is until you file your tax return at the end of the year... The rest of the time it is charged...
Is the 6850 a 1GB or 2GB model? §
Hmmmmm, what would you offer for a P8P67 Pro with a 3770, 16GB DDR3 1600, with an Antec Earthwatts 750, SSD (samsung 830 256GB or Crucial m100 250GB, your pick), with a GPU of your choice. (Reference design EVGA 780ti SC or Classified 780)? Feel free to PM me. I have some other options I can swap out parts if there is something in particular you are looking for. I can ship the parts individually or in the Cheap Coolermaster Case they are in. The CPU is currently...
No, what I would suggest is to try to image the drive first. You want to snag the image that is currently on the SSD so anything you do to it will not harm your data. It is possible that the drive is not capable of doing this, but you should definitely try before you reformat the drive. There are a number of great tools out there. I am a fan of Acronis and Parted Magic. ..... As it turns out, they won't support the functions you need as they do not work on OSx. From...