Posts by shlunky

I have a 4930k that I plan to update with Zen, provided it can provide similar performance with all the new features my current platform is missing. I would love to support them, but I just can't do it blindly... I hope they make some great strides this year!! §
My guess is that you have a mechanical hard drive as the source that is also the system's primary drive. The destination drive is probably connected through a USB 2.0 interface which is likely to be your bottleneck. The destination drive, probably also a mechanical drive, should still easily be able to write the data at a pace enough to speed things along. By that I mean 100MB/s at least. The USB2.0 will likely only get you 32MB/s max on a transfer. So if you are only...
With as little information as there is, there is no way to tell if the backup is even slow. What is the size of the backup? How is the external HD connected? What is the source of the backup? By that I mean, is it a hard drive that is also the primary drive of the computer and the computer is doing a bunch of other tasks? Is it coming from an SSD or an HDD? Is the source coming from an extra drive that is used only for storage on the computer? Is the destination of...
They are still there. This is simply the Space equivalent to file compression. You have to purge and clean up files eventually..... Same with galaxies, no?lol
As long as Zen is within the scope of Has/Broadwell, I will build 2 systems off of it. I will sell the family 3470 PC and move my 4930k to server duty and sell the 1245v2 setup that I have. Would happily support AMD. §
I can't say that I blame you. That is a good card and coming from a 7950 will be leaps and bounds better. It will be a great step up no matter the monitor.Like what was said above, if you are more concerned with gaming performance and resolution, the TN panels are the way to go. I have contemplated the swap to one myself because I can't stand all the screen tearing I get now on my otherwise beautiful 25" 1440p 60hz monitor (PB258q).§
I know you said nVidia and g-Sync, but I found this... If you decide to wait for a new GPU, since they are in the near future. Just a thought. §
This is SOOOOOOOOO cool?That was my first thought. Radiation isn't much of a problem (well, it is...) but the actual debris that is speeding through space. I would imagine that it would punch a hole right through it all. They are much smarter and more educated on the matter than I, but I would still be very hesitant.§Edit:My thoughts exactly...
Being on a domain has nothing to do with it. It has to do with the updates that were installed. A large portion of domains default to auto approving the Critical and Security updates in the Windows Update Service. So, be it through a third party or internally controlled, the security update is something that will slip through by default for a large portion of people.It will have to be removed or declined separately through the service.TL;DR- You can still get this on a...
You mentioned that you had multiple BSOD's. Typically with these you get an error code. Did you ever look in your event viewer and system logs? Instead of guessing at things it will tell you what the problem is.