Posts by shlunky

Based on what I am reading, it sounds as though your main issue is retaining heat. Is the case inside of a desk, back in a corner, or surrounded at all? Do you have at least as much exhaust as you do intake for your case? Is the intake of the case fresh air or the exhausted heat coming from the case? To answer your original question, should you? What games do you play? As it is now, I would say no. Only because I would imagine that the heat would still be an issue. ...
I have to say, something doesn't sound right with the current card. Are the ambient temps like 90f or something? Have you verified that the fans and fins are free of dust and that the fans are moving as specified? Do you have anything blocking the air flow to the card? I know you said with the side panel off, but is there a card directly below the video card restricting air flow? I am not saying don't buy the fury/X. I am saying make sure if that is the reason you are...
I have very limited experience with sound bars, but I am happy to give you what knowledge I do have. My TV's are Sony and I happened to get a couple of their soundbars on sale, so I didn't pay the price listed. I got THIS sound bar for $150 almost 3 years ago. I have to say that the sound is awesome! I am coming from a Yamaha receiver with a Polk Audio RM 5.1 set that I absolutely love. I am sure there is a new/updated version of that soundbar, but I haven't looked for...
I don't actually have a reddit account, but still, YHPM!§
I prefer EVGA as they are great to deal with. Other serial based warranty companies are acceptable as well, depending on the models. I currently have a 980 SC ACX in my system along with a 780ti SC reference style cooler. I would like to work a trade if possible with me adding $$ as needed. To trade I have an EVGA 780ti SC, EVGA GTX 980, Gigabyte WF3 290, SSD's, fans, hdd's, switches, case accessories, etc It isn't definite that I am going to buy anything, but I have...
I have been there my friend.I was delayed in Houston for 6 hours in August of 2014. We were headed to Atlanta to catch a connecting flight. When we finally boarded the plane, our connecting flight was scheduled to have already landed at the final destination. That flight ended up getting cancelled. We got one of the last rental cars in the Atlanta airport to drive the 2 hour drive to the final destination. The car was filled with ants and we got bitten the entire ride...
Being in IT, I have a hard time believing this is the full story. Yes, it is possible that once the power systems fully came back online, that there were issues getting all servers back up. Typically, you have failover and redundancy in place for situations like this, if power failure trully was the root cause. For sysyems as critcal as this, you have reduntant power sources as well as generators and UPS systems in place. This, to me anyway, smells like an self-induced...
Are you willing to sell the x540 separate?
2 Netflix streams and online gaming going on and I hit the button. I love my $70/mo internet! §