Posts by shlunky

The name of my 2.4ghz wifi.....
Not a problem. I am happy to help! I am lucky enough that my local municipal got fed up with Comcast some years ago and decided to have the local government owned power board install a fiber network. Now The offer a full 10gig up/down connection across their entire network to personal users for $299/mo. Or the 1gbps connection for $69.99/mo. I love my internet! As far as RAID goes, you have to look at what it gains you before you decide whether or not it is...
Ahhh, okay, that makes more sense. The CPU is a 4c/8t CPU. That means it is a 4 core processor that is hyper-threaded which gives it another logical core for a total of 8 threads. A general rule of thumb that I have come across with working with Plex, is that an average score of 2,000 - 2,500 (up to 4,000, if the server has to do everything for the client too) CPU Passmark is needed to stream 1080p content with Plex. So, with that, yes, your server should be able to...
I presume what you are asking is if the machine you have is adequate for the streaming capabilities to the clients over LAN, correct? More importantly, what is the content you are hosting? Are they video files in which the server has to transcode everything on the fly? What is the quality of the content being streamed? How many simultaneous connections will you run? The CPU, as far as hardware, is probably the most important part of all of this. Your 2600k is a great...
So, I was testing my switch, to see about handling bandwidth, and I feel like bragging again. So, I am going to... §
Not a program, a website.http://www.speedtest.net/§
$69.99/mo. No data caps.This company is awesome!My ONLY complaint, is they don't offer a static IP unless you have a business account. in order to have that, everything at the address has to be business. So, power, cable, internet, it all is at least twice the price. So I would pay about $450/mo extra to get a static IP address and maintain the internet speed.DNS hosting will suffice lol.§
I like mine at home. Currently have 2 netflix streams, 1 PC gaming, and some web surfing at the same time.§
PvP anyone? §
Windows Key+R "snippingtool" is your friend.Dang, that is a bunch. I will research this more. That just seems redonkulous.