Posts by Lige

Smart status on the SSDs report that they are healthy: Code: C:\Program Files\smartmontools\bin>smartctl.exe /dev/sda -a smartctl 6.5 2016-05-07 r4318 [x86_64-w64-mingw32-win10] (sf-6.5-1) Copyright (C) 2002-16, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org Warning: Limited functionality due to missing admin rights === START OF INFORMATION SECTION === Model Family: Samsung based SSDs Device Model: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB Serial Number: [omit] Firmware...
Has anyone with a Windows 10 Enterprise edition been able to upgrade yet? The closest thing I have been able to find is this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/63wmsf/the_windows_10_creators_update_is_now_available/ But not sure if the Insider ISO is an update or a full fledged installer.
I have seen this happen most frequently when playing games, but, it has occurred while watching videos and music as well. For reference, my system is below I have tried stress testing the machine with various tools, including those that use the GPU but nothing happens simiilar while playing games. The stuttering causes a system to freeze for a few seconds and then resumes playing. In Event Viewer, there is nothing that I can see that would cause any problems. I...
Well, after updating my BIOS I haven't seen an increase of BSODs, but I have seen other random issues (black screen after waking, but the machine doesn't reboot). I am wondering if the problem is directly tied to this specific motherboard?
It lasted 9 hours and 5 passes of Memtest without any problems. :/
I want to make this clear, that nothing is OC'ed. Everything is set to static values for their components. RAM is underclocked from the stock (OC'ed) 3000Mhz as it won't boot with that profile. System in question is an: Intel i7 6700K MSI Z170A G45 Gaming Corsair CMK-16GX4M2B3000C15 (16GB RAM) Nvidia GTX 1070 Corsair Hydro Series H105 Samsung 850 EVO 500GB CORSAIR RMx Series RM750X ASUS PCE-AC68 CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD With that being out there, I am getting random BSODs...
Sure why not. Half the time I don't want anything anyways. Could use some headphones for work.
So I sat back down to my computer this evening, and turned on my monitor to see, nothing was there. The burn-in was gone. Tried playing Civilization 5 for an hour this time and it re-appears. I have attached a video of the effect today, and a picture from when this thread was created: Video
Hey, so I have been playing Civilization 5 for the past ten hours, and I noticed that after quitting the game that there is some drastic burn in. The only issue I have seen of burn-in problems on these monitors, is when daisy chaining them together. The monitor isn't very old (purchased in the end of March, manufactured in Jan/Feb), but this seems unrealistic, that after only a several hours of playing, the monitor is now crap. Does anyone know the story on Dell...
Hey all, its been some time since I have had a custom built desktop. So my skills (or lack thereof) are a little rusty. However, with the emergence of XMP profiles, I figured that overclocking would be done automatically on RAM Modules. For this system in question (it isn't in my profile) but I am running, CPU: i7 6700K Motherboard: Z170A-G45 MSI (from what I have read, not the best motherboard, but it is what it is) GPU: Integrated, for now - will be upgraded to a...