Posts by kmac20

I originally did use an older driver. The same driver that the 1060 used. It crashed on that. So then there was a new driver released the very day that I did the 2nd installation of Windows and I've been using that since. Have not run GTA 5 yet as I didn't want any downtime. I use DDU in safe mode when I need to completely remove everything. I'm gonna try it without the Audio component later and see what happens. I appreciate all the tips and help. I'll get back to...
It is a brand new seasonic focus gold 850w that i won on the contest on this site. It has no issues whatsoever and I doubt very much I got a bad seasonic from the reps themselves. I am 99% sure its not this brand new Seasonic based on the fact that it is displaying no signs of a bad PSU (ive had this happen before and even had a PSU surge and fry my PCIE slots) Thats a REALLY GOOD IDEA about the nvidia audio and realtek drivers................I have the nvidia audio...
I have a Seasonic Focus Gold 850W that I won in the contest on here actually and I'm pretty confident its not the power supply as I ran the system 100% fine with the 1060. Granted it uses less power but not a lot less. Its a solid PSU that I'm 99% confident isn't the problem. I have an HX 750 I could try swapping in to see so I might try that when I have some time. Thanks for the input. I have had problems similar to this that was the fault of the PSU before but it...
@PhatMuffinManJust a quick reply unrelated to my own questions but some DX12 games will (and maybe a couple do now) allow you to use asynchronous dual GPUs. Meaning you can use 2 GPUs that are not identical. This isn't really big yet. But if devs start coding games to allow it, it will be possible. I believe Vulkan also possesses this ability.Ashes of the Singularity I believe allows this feature. So in that game you would be able to use your two cards together. So...
It's cool man. No worries. Seems to be pretty unique and I think related in some way to software but might also be hardware. As again, beat the ENTIRE DOOM CAMPAIGN on the 1060 not a single crash. And thats......well I ran that in Vulkan, so maybe it is specifically related to DX11.... I should reinstall DOOM and run it in Vulkan and OpenGL for awhile see if theres any problems. But thats like a 50GB dl that if it does trigger a BSOD loop would just be wiped again...
I have ran HCI memtest for over 1000% all day while I was at work. Memory is rock solid at this speed and in general. Not a single error. I also ran memtest86 at stock, no errors. So I have done hours and hours of memory testing. I have ran p95 for hours and hours both at stock and at the current speed. No issues whatsoever. All parameters in BIOS are fine. Have triple and quintuple checked. Can't remember if I posted that or not in my post, but I have tested all...
Thanks for everything anyway amigo. I posted in the 1080 owners club, see if people there have any advice. I don't think its the fact that its a 1080, I think its either this specific 1080 or some issue software issue I have no idea how to diagnose. Theres plenty of people I believe in that thread with 1080s and Ryzens. I'd be more concerned if people on THIS SITE were reporting this problem en masse than just random people online. This is a site where people have a...
Hey guys first of all: I apologize in advance that this is a long post. But I have been having some problems recently that are making me "afraid" to run certain games that I just spent decent money on, on a build that is less than 2 months old that has cost me a lot of money (at least a lot of money to me). So I apologize this is long in advance, but I'm looking for help anywhere I can get it. Thanks to anyone with any ideas or input or things to try. I recently did a...
@datonyb Thanks a lot for the link. I do remember watching this video now.I don't know if I"m as old as you but I do remember having resolve some IRQ problems when I was much younger.But again since the fresh install 1) I have NOT been getting any post code errors anymore (go figure).2) I load into windows fine, its only certain games that have triggered it so far (only CIv 5 and GTA 5 maybe my card doesn't like the number 5 like Valve hates the number 3)3) I could...
I actually managed to get an ENTIRE CASUAL SERVER the other day to do knives only for the entire game. Each team was down with it and would immediately vote kick a teammate who shot a gun at someone. It was literally the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I had to wipe a tear from my eye. On the other note I still wish there was more people on community servers that limit awps to 1 team.