Posts by Cyclops

I've had my eye on this little cube case for a while, and the price is more than reasonable given the capabilities so I went ahead and bought one and stuck 4 rads in it! 8 fans as intake with a single exhaust fan. Super positive pressure is the word, I was planning to have at least two exhaust fans but it just wouldn't fit. All the intakes are filtered so dust won't be a problem. Minor modification was required to fit all of the radiators in it, which was basically...
I never pay attention to the manufacturers rated specs, specially the noise and airflow numbers. Everyone rate their product differently, use different equipment, or in case of dBA measurements, choose varying distance from where they put the microphone from the fan.Some of them are more representative of the actual value, while others are often horrendously uprated to make the product look better than it actually is, for example Bitfenix Spectre Pro. Unless they are...
These are the 140mm fans I've got in stock that I haven't tested, yet: Antec TwoCool 140 Corsair A1425L12S OEM Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition CO-9050017-WLED Fractal Design FD-Fan-140-R2 OEM Lian-Li Ll121425QE-4-A OEM Logisys CF140BL Phobya G-Silent 14 1200rpm Black Scythe Slip Stream 140 SM1425SL12H Xion Alphawing AXP-GF140_WT XSPC Xinruilian RDM1425S
No idea.
Well, everybody wants the testing done the way they want, and mostly for good reason too. The fact is that testing fans is incredibly tedious work. I have no incentive to do it because I don't get paid for it and I do everything on my own.It's basically a passion project I started and got tired of it after a while, hence why I stopped doing it for almost two years.If I were to implement all the ideas and suggestions that people have, it would easily double my workload, and...
 It will run at 1392 MHz out of the box now. Have fun.
120mm Fan #66 - Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition CO-9050002-WW: These fans have been on the market for a good while. Way back then, I reviewed their higher performance versions. These are the quiet edition sku with advertised RPM of around 1100. They do come with a pair of LNAs, however, they only cut down the RPM by about 100, which isn't much. I'd rather see a more restrictive adapter as these ones barely reduce the noise output or the airflow. They move a decent amount...
Thanks. That looks good.
Noctua fans are as good as they get.
No, I don't measure CFM.