Posts by woodpigeon4

Thanks for the input guys, I just installed it in his PC and will give it back to him this evening. Rep dispensed and thread closed
Hope you guys can help me with this. My friend asked me to buy him a new graphics card, so I bought what seemed like a perfectly normal 5770 from a local ad. I've brought it home and found that it's an engineering sample and signed by the product manager, Simon Vivera. So, here's my question: is it worth me buying another 5770 (at store price because he needs it today) and selling this one, or is it not worth a huge amount more than the standard card? Help and advice is...
[quote=racer86;11633274]i would look at the asus 1215 series dualcore atom n ion graphics however if u want more perf asus makes a g80? i think series that is 13in with a gt3xx series gpu an 8hrs of battery life ive been eyein both for a while now[/quote] Can't find either of those in the UK I'm afraid. :( Thanks anyway
[quote=lilraver018;11632939]the intel culv processor are great, stonger than atom but save close to the same amount of energy. [url]http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2355182,00.asp[/url] :) Hoped i helped. Most dont have dedicated graphics though.... AMD neo's are good, but dont perform as well as intel when trying to conserve battery.[/quote] Thanks, some of the laptops listed aren't available in the UK, but the acer timeline one looks...
[quote=earwig1990;11632853]if you want to use windows then, i would suggest the vaio series, great lappys, little pricey for the hardware but will do a great job as well and they also have a strong chassis and great battery as well check out the VPCY2190X CTO after you customize it 9the stock processor and GPU are rubbish) you will be spending a lot less than your max and do anything you need[/quote] That looks good, thanks. The only ones I can find in the UK have...
Thanks - that's another one I'm considering. The fact that it has to be opened up to replace the battery is annoying, but other than that they seem pretty good. As I'd be using windows most of the time though, buying a mac does seem a bit pointless. I'll still bear it in mind though :)
I'm finding myself travelling a lot at the moment, and all the laptops I own at the moment are just a bit too big, so I'm looking for something smaller and lighter. Budget wise, I'm flexible - the cheaper the better, but I'll pay more for quality. For the moment, I'll say £1k max. My requirements: Long battery life (at least 6 hrs) Good keyboard Graphics chip capable of playing back HD and editing in PS CS5, although this isn't a must - if there's a good laptop with an...
gone to HappycoreDJ Thread closed
Quote: Originally Posted by Supacasey This would be a perfect excuse to attempt a side-panel screen mod on my 800D Yeah, I was thinking of doing something like that, but I don't have the time and will be away from my rig for a while anyway.
Quote: Originally Posted by Supacasey Is this still goin? Am I too late for an "in"? Well, I've PM'd DJ my paypal, but if he backs out then you're welcome to it.