Posts by decimator

Never mind. I live in Jersey, so the taxes added onto my total don't make this a worthwhile deal for me. I work in New York City and thought about having it shipped to my office to avoid taxes, but then I realized I'd be hit with city taxes which are higher than Jersey taxes . Can't shake the tax man...
Is this even a good deal? Seems like it was sitting at $180 for the longest time, so only a $10 drop. Any chance it'll go lower soon?
Every time I see this game, "All I Want" by The Offspring pops into my head and I can't get it out for the rest of the day, and that's not a bad thing. Thanks for the link.
Activates on Steam. http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/product.php?product=2011 Deal is now dead. EDIT: Mods, please edit the thread title to reflect the expired deal. This work computer runs into a scripting error when I try to do it myself...
I swear, if they change chocobo racing in any way, shape, or form, I'm gonna blow a gasket. My gold chocobo was the chocobo god himself and was pretty much the one method of making gobs of gil for me in that game. Agree with everyone else in the thread saying to keep the original gameplay intact, but I wouldn't mind if the HP and damage output limits were increased from 9999.
Got to the last level of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and just haven't picked it up since. Strange because I was definitely hooked on the gameplay for a while. I just don't have the urge to play it anymore.
Not sure how that's elitist. Pros are called pros for a reason. They are good at what they do. If they were bad, we wouldn't call them pros. In that context, pros should win consistently (maybe not against other pros, but against amateurs for sure).I think the average player has a lot to learn from being dominated. It's just a matter of patience. It should not be on the game developer's shoulders to cater to the lowest common denominator.You're assuming pros go into...
Ha, seems like you took that personally...That's not arrogance. That's just pragmatism. A novice picking the game up for the first time should not be able to consistently kill players of a higher skill level. To give new players a handicap like that does nothing to actually improve their ability at the game because they will not know how to play when they eventually don't have such a handicap.So now you're comparing this game to real life...a game with booster packs and...
This doesn't exactly sound like a good thing to me...If I and my teammates are legitimately more skilled at a game than players on the other team, we should win the majority of the time (not 100% of the time, but definitely over half the time). This is why I get frustrated when I go into a pub in TF2 and eat a random crit rocket from some bumbling soldier who I've been dominating for the past 5 rounds. I know that I am the beneficiary of random crits, too, but it just...
Yes, among other things.