Posts by Hoodcom

My Marantz pre-pro has arrived, the AV7703. There was a really nice Black Friday sale with AVScience on it. Now I'm game for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
Yeah, so much mislead information when it comes to surround sound receivers. Though yet most of them are clear in the specs for 'two-channels' driven. I remember looking up bench test results for my Onkyo TX-NR5007. It could do 160 watts x 2 easily, but when it came to actual surround sound, the power output was more like 50 watts per channel, all channels driven.Here's an example of a newer receiver:...
Exactly! The whole idea for my system was to perform effortlessly. I mean sure, my system can get loud, but it can do it cleanly. I have plenty of headroom to easily avoid clipping. (Easier for everything but the subwoofers, since those can demand a lot of power quickly.)In fact, adding those Othorns to my system made a day and night difference in overall performance, no matter the volume level. Even at lower listening levels, have become so much more enjoyable. It also...
Yep, I've seen that thread too, and I'm a member of that forum as well. There are many build threads on the 1099s. The iNukes certainly seem quite popular among the home theater crowd, especially for the price point. They won't deliver the full power they are rated for, but they still will do a pretty good job for most folks. Many seem quite fond of their DSP models. My NU4-6000s were benched at 250 watts per channel into 8 ohms by Notnyt of AVSforums (who has been...
Well gee, I wonder what guy that could be? Here's my setup, everything in my system, except the Top Front and Top Rear speakers (not pictured) are DIY based.Speakers:The Elusive 1099s for the Left, Center, and Right speakers.Two Dual Opposed Dayton RSS460HO 18" subwoofers in 8 cubic foot enclosures each. (Two drivers per cabinet, of course.)Two Othorn Tapped Horn enclosures with B&C 21SW152-4 21" driversThe Dual JBL 2242H drivers in the 4 cubic foot enclosures have been...
I'm really tempted in getting one of these when they release, but I'd have to save up quite a bit. I love my LG OLED TV, I can only imagine this being so much better, especially with out all that input lag nonsense a TV normally comes with.
Wow, quite a nice drop there! What thermal compound of choice did you use here?
Ah, guess I can check to see if Performance-PCs carries it then, but may not be too big of a deal for me.Mostly what my curiosity is for, on getting the most out of it, plus I've always wanted to try lapping something. Mostly what I'm asking for is just general info on what I can do to help reduce the temperature more, or if the hottest core vs coolest core has something to do with improper application of the compound. I honestly was just excited to actually delid the...
Ah, gotcha, makes perfect sense. Thanks! Okay, that I could do actually sometime!Oh really now? EK makes an upgrade kit? I've been considering their product or corsair's all in one solution. https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-supremacy-precisemount-add-on-naked-ivyNow you've definitely got my attention, thank you kindly for pointing this out!
Just because I don't have a screenshot of the previous temperatures, doesn't mean I can't post in this thread especially because my CPU has been delidded. Which the thermal paste application at hand was in question. I really don't have to prove anything other than the sole fact the chip has been delidded and what temperatures I get now since that's what's relevant now.It's not like I could join the actual membership of the club side since there was no way I could run this...