Posts by Hoodcom

I'm really tempted in getting one of these when they release, but I'd have to save up quite a bit. I love my LG OLED TV, I can only imagine this being so much better, especially with out all that input lag nonsense a TV normally comes with.
Wow, quite a nice drop there! What thermal compound of choice did you use here?
Ah, guess I can check to see if Performance-PCs carries it then, but may not be too big of a deal for me.Mostly what my curiosity is for, on getting the most out of it, plus I've always wanted to try lapping something. Mostly what I'm asking for is just general info on what I can do to help reduce the temperature more, or if the hottest core vs coolest core has something to do with improper application of the compound. I honestly was just excited to actually delid the...
Ah, gotcha, makes perfect sense. Thanks! Okay, that I could do actually sometime!Oh really now? EK makes an upgrade kit? I've been considering their product or corsair's all in one solution. https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-supremacy-precisemount-add-on-naked-ivyNow you've definitely got my attention, thank you kindly for pointing this out!
Just because I don't have a screenshot of the previous temperatures, doesn't mean I can't post in this thread especially because my CPU has been delidded. Which the thermal paste application at hand was in question. I really don't have to prove anything other than the sole fact the chip has been delidded and what temperatures I get now since that's what's relevant now.It's not like I could join the actual membership of the club side since there was no way I could run this...
Oh okay, I guess I didn't realize you thought that! I pretty well begin the HWinfo64 timer when I begin Prime95, especially to see where all the temps hang out at.Now that you mention it, I'm beginning to recall that as well with the Small FFT. Which I guess it doesn't hurt to test everything either at some point. I'll run that test now and see how things go. I'm still reading up on what voltages/settings to fiddle with on my board to get things right. I just know when I...
Prime Version 28.7, build 1. Air cooling, which is a Noctua D14. Those temps were with the stock fans that come with it. I guess 6 hours is too short for getting an idea on temps? I did end up changing fans that I had on hand, which are a couple of these: http://noctua.at/en/nf-f12-industrialppc-2000-pwm Which seemed to have dropped the temps by 4C on standard Prime95 blend test. Which is all I had done. I've read where I need to give it most of my RAM so I went for that...
I can only provide a screenshot of what it's at now, I never took one before the delid. Wished I had. Anyway, I think I could benefit from re-working with the compound between the die and IHS, especially the difference with the one core being hotter.
Well I've already used some pretty solid liquid metal already, which I've read about in this thread. The Phobya LM. Also, wasn't the CLU difficult or impossible to clean up, or am I thinking another compound?Yeah, my cpu went in just fine, and I put it into the bench vice, heard the little pop and backed off the vice. Lid was loose. I have a picture of my tool, but I never got to taking pictures of the CPU (yet) because I was both nervous and excited to seeing how well...
I have to say, I was nervous about delidding since KyadCK told me about the process, for my 4770K processor. Which I was able to hit 86C on Prime95 Blend within the first ten minutes on stock clock/stock turbo boost. (Before it was above 90C until I re-applied thermal paste between the CPU and the D14.) So I've had one of these delidding tools 3D printed, I didn't have to use a razor blade or hammer. https://www.youmagine.com/designs/skylake-delid-tool Worked pretty...