Posts by hajile

That's a tricky question. 3.x is the future, but *everything* uses 2.7 at the moment (and that probably won't change any time soon with support for 2.7 being extended to 2020 and some companies needing to support it until almost 2030). If you learn 3.x (which I encourage), you still need to learn the differences between the two.Consider this book to start with (the book is available online for free)http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/It doesn't cover as the hard way...
As simple polyalphabetic cyphers (such as Vigenere's Cypher) were being cracked, a new set of cyphers called fractationating cyphers were being played with. These cyphers (developed in the 1800s by Prof. Pliny Earl Chase) were based in the ideas of Polybius's Checkerboard, but with a twist to make them polyalphabetic. We will first look at a simpler version (Felix Delastelle's Bifid cypher) for our medium challenge. Later, we will look at ADFGVX which became probably the...
I've got a couple interesting cyphers that aren't too complicated.First up is Polybius's Checkerboard (named after the Greek historian). It is a monoalphabetic cypher that uses a table to find the answer. Unfortunately, this monoalphabetic cyphers are trivial to decode (the cypher puzzle in your local newspaper is based on this). This vulnerability lead to the creation of the first pseudo-polyalphabetic cyphers. [[SPOILER]] In 1553, Giovan Battista Bellaso created a...
The real challenge is for someone to use all the individual words here to piece together the original without decoding. I was a little disappointed you didn't use ROT13.Here's the easy challenge as a one-liner using scheme.word 25 = "Orbiting" [[SPOILER]] Easy in Javascript using a recursive function [[SPOILER]] Medium challenge in scheme (also a one-liner).word 25 = "the" [[SPOILER]] Hard Challenge in Scheme recursively and a long one-linerword 25 = "people" [[SPOILER]]
Your code leaves the '\n' on the stdin stream instead of consuming it when you ask yes/no. As a result, both your string reads immediately encounter it and move on. Change it to Code: scanf(" %c%*c",&c); Also, try inputting a 1000+ char string and see what happens. You will overrun your array bounds. Code: //we use 999 because the last char of the array must be '\0' scanf(" %999[^\n]%*c", str); //consider using fgets. Note that it automatically subtracts one for...
Matrix multiplication isCode:R(x) = [ [cos(x) -sin(x)] [sin(x) cos(x)] ]multiply that by a vector [ [a] [b] ] to get the rotated vectorHere's some info on vector multiplication:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_multiplication#Examples_of_matrix_productsTo read more about this more generally:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotation_matrixIf you're doing this a lot, consider sylvesterJShttp://sylvester.jcoglan.com/If you do this a lot, you could also consider taking...
I'm a week or so into my experimental change from qwerty to colmak. I'm up to about 30-35WPM, but some accuracy isn't there. I'm at that awkward state where I still need to use qwerty for programming (about 85WPM), but my brain is now somewhere between both of them. I think this is a little harder than when I learned to type the first time. How long was it for the rest of you before you could separate the two out?
Your 4x500MHz is probably faster because of context switching. The OS is going to be constantly interrupting at least one core to perform system tasks. These interrupts also make performance less deterministic. This is why the current generation of consoles dedicate some cores for system use only and the idea behind Nvidia's 5th core model (where the majority of interrupts are handled by this other core).Another issue with the power theoretics being discussed here is...
I wonder if the architecture is based in P.A. Semi’s PA6T-1682M from '05 (a POWER design). It seems to share a several architectural features and was an amazing example of design. It would also explain how a 3rd party designer could beat ARM by almost 2 years (with Apple having designed ARM64 being the other answer).
Read the ReportLike always with RWT, it is the most detailed technical review available. If you like to go deep, this is the article for you.