Posts by hajile

I'd actually recommend sqlite3. It will simplify setup by quite a lot (compared with mysql) for such a simple project
1/2 is 50%, so it got it correct.To specify, I use C primarily for microcontrollers (and just a little asm). In my day to day work I use JavaScript and one of common lisp, clojure, ruby, or python. I look to be adding Erlang to my actively used list soon as I like it's concurrency model better than any other I've seen (I'm probably making a real-time multiuser system in LFE -- lisp flavored Erlang -- in the near future)
emacs + EVIL + emmet = fast html design On a more general note, emacs or vi bindings (vi having the advantage of not causing repetitive motion injury), will greatly increase your development speed over notepad++ or similar. The learning curve is steep, but it pays off quickly.
Here's an implementation in ruby (aka perl done right) [[SPOILER]]
If you want to use a CMS, I would recommend you avoid PHP as the evil it is (see this or this). Zotonic (erlang), radiant (ruby), refinery (ruby), or even django-cms (python) are going to be far easier to work with as a developer.I would avoid wordpress completely not only because it is PHP, but because there are too many bad wordpress developers who set a low market price that can only be matched by doing equally shoddy work. I wouldn't go farther than offering hosting...
The trigger is easy, an onload event is triggered by the browser. This is made even more trivial with. I would agree with plan9 that a database is the best solution at present for large amounts of data (cache manifests and localstorage don't have enough support). A cookie will work well if it's just a couple variables though.Code:$(document.body).ready(function () { //your code here will execute when the page loads //you need only open the cookie here to make it work});
If its the same site but different pages that you want to share data across, then cookies might be a solution.
That code won't run. The __name__ == __main__ MUST go at the bottom of the page.
Khan academy is a great resource for lots of stuff, but their computer courses are somewhat lacking (aside from math courses). In my opinion, Udacity offers much better course quality than codeacademy and also offers more options. Additionally, Codeacademy courses in Javascript are simply bad in that they don't cover the good parts of JS correctly. https://www.udacity.com/courses#!/all Start with their intro to comp science or their python course.
If you're set on web development, here's a post I wrote for someone else about it.