Posts by Priest

Fairly easy question, push/pull, or push with shroud?
So I am upgrading to a i7 930, a ASUS P6X58D-E, and 3x2GB of Corsair DDR3 1600 7-8-7-20 1.65. I am putting the cpu in its own loop hooked to a dual 120mm radiator and a DangerDen TDX waterblock. I was looking for info on what to expect from the i7's. I have heard that you shouldn't raise the DIMM Voltage at all, it should stay at 1.65, is that true, or can the i7 handle more safely? What are 24-7 safe temps for these processors? I hear the run VERY hot, so what...
Core I7 930 batch #3941B676 from NewEgg.com I am putting it in a ASUS P6X58D-E, just waiting for my new TDX to arrive from Danger on Thursday. I will be more then happy to post the results I get over the weekend if anyone is interested. I am just upgrading from my E6600 I had at 3.2, my computer was getting unstable, but I could not get it to screw up in OCCT or Prime95, only in WoW would it error out and sometimes blue screen. I brought it to a buddies to...
I have some quick questions. I am thinking about getting a 2nd monitor so I can run dual. The new monitor I am looking at is 23" 1920x1080 and my old monitor is 22" 1680x1050. Would I have a issue expanding the desktop from the 1080P monitor to the 1680x1050 monitor? Also can you run a game full sc reen on the 1st monitor, and then some how get your mouse pointer to the other monitor with out taking your game out of full screen?
I have been messing with it for the last few hours, and I just can't get it to recognize a audio device when I am remoted into it. Would installing the drivers for the audio device on the PC I am remoteing in from do anything? I wouldn't think that would be it, but I was wondering.
I tried both of those options and made sure al the experience check boxes were check, but it didn't work. Windows Media Player still complains about the sound device.
Ok I almost have my server where I want it. I am having one small problem though. I am remoteing into the server to use it as a download, video decode/encode box. So I down load said video, but I want to play it for a min just to check the quality. When I try to play the video over remote desktop Windows Media player tells me no. {Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on...
Yes, I just got the NIC to work with the drivers from Vista 64bit, the win7 64 drivers would not start.
I do not have that option available in Windows Server 08 R2
Ok I built my server. Here is the full list of what is in it ASUS M3A78-EM AMD Phenom X3 8750 BE 4 Gigs of Mushkin DDR2 1066 4 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 Drives in RAID 10 1 320Gb Seagate 7200.10 Drive for OS Windows Server 2008 R2 I am having a problem with my network adapter. I can install the drivers, but the device will not start. I believe it is a issue with the chipset driver (780G NB SB700 SB) but I cannot find any chipset drivers that will allow me to install them on...