Posts by Priest

I have not got to play with it first hand yet, but I was hoping to do some research before my package arrived. So far I just found out that different rendering modes are available.
So I just ordered two XFX 6850's with dual fan coolers to run in Crossfire and, I am wondering what the best way to run Crossfire is; Scissors, Super Tiling, Alternate Frame Rendering, or Super AA? I am a little worried about the extra input lag that running a SLI or Crossfire system can cause, and I was wondering if any of these mores may have less then another. I am really interested in seeing some benchmark differences between the options if anyone can find them (I...
Quote: Originally Posted by danforz Hey guys, If you've been following my posts you'd notice I've been having ~20-30 FPS on my rig. I finally narrowed down the issue after reformatting and setting my bios back to stock. The GPU works fine (60+FPS!) until I enact my OC profile and then back to 30FPS. Could any of the following cause the problem? Code: --BIOS-- AI Tweaker Settings: Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual CPU Ratio...
Quote: Originally Posted by TwoCables Actually, I got all of it from the AnandTech article. So it isn't speculation; I'm just going by what I read, and it's perfectly logical to me. After all, money talks. Money will cause manufacturers to do things that they would really rather not do just to avoid losing out on sales. Yes, and that was also speculation. And the graphs they showed on way VDroop, VOffset, and LLC affects Voltage was...
Quote: Originally Posted by TwoCables This. Everyone: I would love for you all to consider why Intel implemented vDroop and why it is their "Specification". Try to consider the reason for Intel taking the time to cause their CPUs to have vDroop. I'd also like to ask all of us to consider why they continue to make CPUs that have vDroop - even today. So why do most motherboards today have a way to control vDroop through the BIOS? Because these...
Quote: Originally Posted by TwoCables Having LLC Enabled indeed stabilizes the voltage in that sense, but what it's allowing are the dangerous voltage spikes when load is started and then another spike when the load is stopped. So every little bit of load produces at least 2 spikes: once at the start, and again at the end. So let's say LLC is Enabled and you open the Start menu: a voltage spike is the result there too. After all, that's a little bit...
Quote: Originally Posted by TwoCables It's not about a risk of frying a CPU. Enabling LLC is a risk of reducing a CPU's overclockability much quicker than it would be reduced if LLC were never enabled. For people like me who want to keep their CPU as long as possible and still enjoy a damn good overclock, LLC must be left disabled unless the CPU in question is a 65nm Intel CPU. Besides T3h_Ch33z_Muncha, how do you explain the 4°C drop in his CPU's...
So I have been reading a lot about my new i7 trying to find information on what to do with OC settings. I came across some information about LLC and what seemed like very heated debates on weather or not this should be Disabled (according to Intel specs) or Enabled (to further OC potential). So I decided to do some testing. Here are my results, all settings were the same in the bios, all voltages were set to stock (not auto) expect the processor was manually set to 1.2,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thumper Definitely not right. The only thing I can think of is that you have your T-line right after the pump output. Being that close it may cause an issue as the pump is basically filling the T-line and then causing turbulence there. If you are sure you have all the air out, and if the pump is not making too much or odd noises, not quite sure what your issue is. However, a small contributing factor is likely that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Alazar I'm hoping the T you have spliced in goes to a fill port and not the radiator. You would be mostly correct, I don't have a fill port installed yet, so the hose is just plugged at the moment.