Posts by eXe.Lilith

Never say never...Though I do agree that nowadays no game will use that much, Watch_Dogs,FarCry 4 and Evolve tend to use quite a bunch of VRAM when running max options at a 4K res. IIrc something around 6GB for WD.So it's quite sure that in a few years some games might come close to 12GB (especially considering how the industry is already pushing hard for 5K when 4K hasn't become the standard yet...)
Again, I disagree. It's not about the amount of rads you can fit inside either. It's just one of the best cases out there to work with if you're into modding. The only trouble I have with its interior design is if you fit a 480 rad up top you'll forfeit one to two 5"ΒΌ bays depending on the fan configuration (push or pull vs push+pull). Everything else is just fine. Also you're reffering to the modular drive bays but no enthusiast has a use for these anyway. Getting rid of...
Mea culpa. It might not work with 5820K and 5930K, but the 5960X does workI beg to differ on the interior design. As for the cheap components, I couldn't say as I modded mine quite heavily.Mea culpa on the core i7 in the mobo. Seems it'll only work with 1 in socket 1. Adding a second i7 just will prevent the system from booting.
No you don't have to go with Xeons. Though not officially supported by Asus, Core i7 5820K,5930K and 5960X do work on this mobo. 100% sure. Just take an hour to browse through H, Xtrems and OCN and you'll find multiple users with such setups.Edit:As far as the case is concerned, I'd go with one of the 2 listed above or with an Obsidian 900D from Corsair. At least you wouldn't have any problem fitting one or two WC loops inside Speaking of WC, as you stated you have no...
2 CPUs doesn't mean double the amount of PCIe lanes. However, having done some research on the board, it does include a PLX chip that allows for an extra 24 lanes (so up to 52 with 5820Ks or 64s with 5930K/5960X/Xeons). So you'll be fine with 2 Titan X. As for cooling, for such a high-end rig I'd go with 2 loops, one for them CPUs and one for them GPUs. But that'd probably require you to brainstorm how to fit everything in a Cosmos2. But really, if you're gonna throw 2k...
Yes, it's a bad choice. If you're going SLi, stay away from the 5820K. The reason it's so much cheaper than the 5930K is it only has 28 PCIe lanes, thus your second gfx card will run at 8X even if ur mobo supports 16x/16x. So you're just bottlenecking your rig from the start.
If you're ever gonna be upgrading that rig with a second 980, I'd advice going for a 5930K rather than the 5820K because 99% of the time people go for the 5820K coz they see the clocks/price differences with the 5930K but don't know about the difference in PCIe lanes (28 for the 5820K, 40 for the 5930K & 5960X). If you're not gonna upgrade ever, then nevermind. But if you are, well just know that a 2nd 980 will run at 8X rather than 16X with a 5820K, even if the mobo says...
Tbh who would spend 700 euros on a 1440p G-sync or FreeSync monitor when you can have a gorgeous 4K monitor for the same price? Granted it's 1440p @ 144Hz vs 2160p @ 60Hz but still... No matter whether you're a nVidia or AMD fanboy, here's a truth for you. Neither FreeSync nor G-Sync matter in the future of gaming. On the other hand, 4K res does. Don't get me wrong, you can pretty much put me down as an AMD guy coz I just love their cards compared to nVidia, if only for...
It's good from a business standpoint to offer the older expansions to people as both an incentive to buy the latest one, as well as exploiting the fact they wouldn't get many newcomers if people had to purchase every expansion in order to play. But then again that's also why WoD is priced so high atm.
WoD's pretty much the best expansion Blizzard has released ever since The Burning Crusade. Of course WoD taking place in the same setting just in another timeframe makes it so good ol' vanilla players like myself feel nostalgic (and with good reason). Visually there's no denying how WoW's evolved over the year, you just have to take a look at TBC's Nagrand then at WoD's to see it instantly. But there's also many a changes that are well thought (though sometimes actual...