Posts by commandercup

Nope the price includes shipping!
The monitor is packed up and ready to go!
For sale is a 1< month old Dell P170S 17" Monitor. For detailed information and specs head over to the Dell listing for the monitor: http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=320-1097. It will come in perfect condition with all of the original accessories and packaging in fully working order. Price includes shipping via UPS Ground or USPS Parcel Post.
For sale: SteelSeries Xai Mouse $40 shipped Great condition and works perfectly Light wear on the mouse feet, cable and connector are both perfect Purchased recertified last week off of Newegg Mouse only Corsair HS1 Headset - $50 shipped Perfect working and cosmetic condition Comes in the original packaging All original documentation (including receipt) as well as the driver CD is provided
Appraisal for parts and the system as a whole please. AMD Athlon II X4 640 MSI 785GM-P45 AM3 785G mATX Motherboard Gigabyte HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 w/ Accelero L2 Pro CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" HDD 600W OCZ ModXStream PSU SAMSUNG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black EIDE SHURIKEN Rev.B 3 Universal CPU Cooler Cooler Master 360 Elite Case
Is there a dual-slot cooler that is actually quiet? (~30 db) The stock cooler is the loudest thing I have in my case atm and it was annoying enough for me to pull off the stock cooler and to just leave the heatsink on with a 120mm fan blowing on it (temperatures seem ok, definitely high though).
I've decided to just buy a motherboard at Microcenter tomorrow to see if that fixes the problem. I doubt it's the CPU since the system doesn't start up even without the CPU... guessing the motherboard just couldn't handle the voltage going to the CPU since I've seen multiple places say that 1.5V led to stable overclocks (3.8GHZ etc.) If anyone else has had a similar problem and found some sort of a solution, please post!
When the 24-pin and 4-pin are connected it doesn't work. Just the 24-pin works fine (everything starts spinning).
Yeah, I already tried to reset the CMOS (first thing after a failed OC) and it didn't change anything. The problem doesn't seem to be that the CPU isn't receiving enough juice because even with EVERYTHING unplugged (except the 4-pin CPU power) it doesn't start up. Guess it seems that the only possible option is that the mobo is dead.
I was stress testing an overclock when my PC turned off completely. I'm running an AMD X4 640 (3.6GHZ at 1.5V) on a cheapy MSI 785GM-P45 board. After the PC turned off, the power LED started flashing until I disconnected the power. Now when I try to turn it on, I can literally hear a very slight zap (almost inaudible) and nothing happens. The CPU fan turns a tiny bit, but then stops. I have disconnected everything and tested the PSU which turns on fine, but when the 4-Pin...