Posts by aznofazns

Just pulled the trigger on the Sapphire 290X to replace my dual unlocked HD6950's, one of which stopped working months ago. Funny how a single 290X will be roughly 3 times as fast as the unlocked HD6950. Hopefully my dated CPU won't bottleneck it after I get a 2nd one some time in the future.
I tried upconverting some of my music files to 5.1 and the sub engages (when the sound card is set to 5.1 mode).The instant I deactivate the center or left/right surround channels (while still in 5.1 mode), the sub no longer works. Toggling full range on and off for the main L/R channels don't seem to make a difference for the sub.The problem is when I change to Stereo output in either Windows or the Creative software, the sub/center out channel is completely turned off....
I'd rather not touch the source.What if I used a 3.5mm two-way splitter so I can split the Stereo Out signal from my sound card between the BX5a's and the subwoofer?
My main speakers are a pair of BX5a Deluxe monitors. They use 1/4" TRS inputs from the 3.5mm stereo out jack from the sound card.Yes, I am intending to add the subwoofer for 2.1 sound.I have not disabled the center channel because I don't have one. There is a 3.5mm sub/center combo out jack on the sound card. This is what I'm trying to use to hook up the sub.Yes, I can set the crossover frequency in my sound card's software, but right now the crossover is turned off. The...
I am in!
This is what I did. I have the 3.5mm to dual RCA cable running from the sound card's sub/center out to the subwoofer's Red/White RCA inputs. Like I said, my sound card auto detects 5.1 mode, and the sub produces a rattle when I click on the sub icon, but no sound outputs when I play music.Here's a picture of the sub:
Hello, I just purchased a Velodyne VX-11 powered sub and I'm having trouble connecting it to my X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro sound card. I have BX5a Deluxe hooked up to the main stereo out port on the sound card (3.5mm to dual 1/4" TRS splitter) but when I connect the subwoofer to the center/sub out port on the sound card (3.5mm to white/red RCA) I run into issues. My Creative audio control panel detects the subwoofer when I set it to 5.1 mode (I can click on the sub icon...
Thanks for the help, guys! Cleared things up enormously. I think I will stick with my current 3.5mm to dual TRS cable. Buying an interface just for the purpose of balanced output seems a waste of money.
Actually, I don't detect any noise at all, I just assumed it would be better to go for balanced if it barely costs anything. So if the sound card's 3.5mm jack isn't sending balanced output... what about the optical out port?
Is there a simple way to output from my soundcard's 3.5mm stereo out to dual TRS or XLR plugs with "balanced" connections? Right now I'm using this: http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMP159-Feet-Speaker-Cable/dp/B005HGM1D6/ref=pd_cp_MI_0 It works, but it's not balanced. Also, I've noticed that when I restart or resume my PC from sleep, the right channel is always louder than the left and I have to adjust the volume knobs on my monitors. Not sure if this is related to not having...