Posts by Aleslammer

Unable to get to OCN at work last week, think our computer overseers a screwing with me, so didn’t post any congratulations for some nice runs. Plus my wife has had me busy most of the weekend so far. Pizzaman, great runs with such a low showing on the gddr, really fine. pr@$r1g, nice sweet spot on your last 03 run, think the XFX is the better card. From the pic’s looks like it has an extra set of mounting holes for the older ATI 2 hole pattern would make it...
pr@$r1g, nice runs, nice mem clocks
Giver hell folks. I'm out, lost a card to noob soldering, looks like my seconds MSI is toast, did put on a good light show and a mere 1.59v. MSI first is so degraded it won't do 1200 at any voltage, but overall the most fun I've had in awhile, learned a lot thanks. Whens the next one.
Quote: Originally Posted by PizzaMan Is that just cold air on stock cooler? Zalman VF 900 black fan with the blue mem heat sinks that come with it. ftw, thanks, core doing all right, wish the ram would follow.
Quote: Originally Posted by PizzaMan nice core clock Thanks, wish you luck with yours.
Second MSI on 9c air. Made 03 at same speed (loading @ 1.59v) as the AM3 run but had my lan port off in bios. 01 was looking like a acid trip in nature, alot of nice colors flashing all over the place, then locked up so hard had to reset and put MSI 1 in to boot. My leaf blower, with some Red Green action on a egg box.
Quote: Originally Posted by CL3P20 Nice going!! ..and speaking of 'noob vmodders'.. I fixed my 5450 and am have fitted my MCW60 to it for some wata testing soon Need to see some more postings at the bot, did my other MSI after the Visontek, went well but it doesn't like to have the memory voltage played with at all.
Well, my first mutilated card, oh to have killed it with to much voltage (an honorable death) and not a blunder of a noob volt modder. Didn’t tape off the work area, core went well, memory went well too, till I noticed some solder where it shouldn’t of been. Started looking for a desolder tool, left my iron on, to long, to hot, sucked two resistors right of the board.
I couldn't get anything more out of the memory on the MSI so I picked up another card. Scared me when I saw the stock mem speed in GPUz, thought it was typo at the egg. The ram is ATI branded, core is loading at 1.012v and ram at 1.562v.
3rd or 4th post has some info Old School mentioned. http://www.artmetal.com/blog/gavaksa...er_brass_steel