Posts by Aleslammer

Wife won’t let me have my benching hardware in the house so bench in the garage, have to get up around 4 or 5 am in the summer to have anything close to an ambient worth flipping the switch on the power supply. Usually start a pot of coffee after I start one of the longer running benches, check the weather forecast hoping for unusually cool weather, play some poker on the TV or research on line for future hardware purchases maybe prep some hardware for the following...
Had this problem, ended up cutting little squares of electricians tape, placing them between the standoffs /MB and poked a hole through them with an ice pick, then used fiber washers on the screw side. The proper size nylon washers should be available at a well stocked hardware store.
MrBreeze; Might try using the 11 series video drivers, looking at macsbeach's score in O1 his setup has a lot going for it but is using the 12 drivers. Rasparthe is right for a 4670 you are going to need a lot more CPU, might test some of the older cards you mentioned were your existing clocks are more than enough and vid card mods are more important. IMO ram selection is the most important point for a SATA2, I’ve tried three sets. Corsair DDR 400 CAS2 TCCD and two sets...
I’m leaving the HWBot team and going to Classic Platforms, nothing to do with OCN, CP is just more in line with my age and benching concepts. Aleslammer
Put a computer together for my grandson a few new and old parts, grabbed the SATA DVD R/W I had for OS loads off my bench, thought I had another, didn’t. Ran by my favorite electronics store yesterday and while looking for a R/W ran into a couple of boxes of used vga & pci video cards marked $4.95 as is, ended up with five, more fodder for the Sata2. Three AGP, Powercolor TNT2 m64, Samsung MX440 8X and a Dell FX5200 and two PCI, PNY Quadro4 NVS400 2 core and an IBM Appian...
The Elder Scrolls IV & Fallout New Vegas
Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000 120x38mm mounted on a Thermaltake Volcano 11 for some quick air cooling on a socket A 2600+ Barton. 80mm fan has the motor and blades removed. Cleaned the dust out of HS!
Op, this might answer a question or two. http://www.overclock.net/t/593915/chiller-ready-for-testing GingerJohn “DO NOT search for "brass pumps" on e-bay when at work.”
Have a Sata2, had given it to my son-in-law who just recently gave it back, I had it paired with a Q6600 B3, Corsair VS DDR 400 & 6600GT nice upgrade from a 2700 T-Bred at the time. Overall not a bad MB but to use an old saying jack of all trades master of none, so started this thread to see if there was a possibility of enough demand in the nostalgia / benching circles to warrant a large enough production for a reasonable price from one of the MB production companies,...
Rasparthe You have probably seen this, the riser card might have been in production, cheaper alternative and might even be one floating around on eBay. A updated version would be nice. http://www.behardware.com/news/7548/Adaptateur-AGP-pour-PCI-E.html