Posts by Aleslammer

Sums it up
HobieCat, Thanks Again. Mikecdm, Something about naked cards & vaseline. Volt mods coming, get ate up in the single card budget benches without it. Only got a month or so before the garage is to warm for benching. As for freezing things, do have a TEC vga cooler (need a PS), that would work quite well on a few of the cards I have, don’t know how it would affect my enthusiast status which I kinda like, sorry. Sorta compare it to being in the Super Street class in drag...
Aleslammer, 7m 34.085s / Xeon W3550@4757 MHz / P6T7 WC SC / Patriot Vipers@1034 MHz, 7-7-7-20 / H2O
Finally made it through some of my cards, nothing left but to put them away. Got some nice 06 scores but still waiting for the bug to be fixed. All but 16 & 19 last month or so. Got one 4890 total dog and my GTS 320s won't talk to each other one of the problems of by used. Thanks for the help.
Anybody else having problems with 06 scores. I’ve three sitting limbo.
Stuck a Duran 1ghz in a existing board pushed the on button, watched a nice little smoke column roll out the socket as I realized I’d forgotten the heatsink.
I use a couple 1968 Ford T-bird heater cores in a rad box, the ones I have have 1/2" inlets-5/8" outlets, paired with 4 Scythe DFS123812-3000 "ULTRA KAZE" 120 x 38 mm case fans, never see water temps more than 2c over air temps according to the temp probes on the fan controller. CPU MB Loop. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Ford/Thunderbird/Spectra/Heater_Core/1968/Base/8_Cyl_7-dot-0L/SPI94590.html
Thanks for the comments, had already convinced myself that a dice only solution was not viable and started thinking along a regular slush box with a secondary pot for the dice. Will use ice for testing and the AC suggestion is a more probable long term solution, since a cooler will already be in use, easy conversion to a AC chiller. Bought a solderless breadboard but need to test it first to see if it is practical. Have started gleaming parts for the mb side of things...
Completely useless weekend 20c in my garage by 11 am, 11c at 5 am. Fought AMD/Ati drivers on XP and 06 finally gave up and went back to Nvidia, 03 and 7, but was way to late for anything worth while, clocks I’d used at 6-7c were crashing and by the time I made it through a run I’d backed off so much the scores sucked Blew a power strip took me awhile to figure it out, thought the power supply went, pretty good pop. The replacement strip was dead, finally found one that...
I’ve been trying to figure a way to go subzero without prepping the MB, the only viable way to do it would be to lower the temperature of the air around the board so I came up with this idea based on a dice slush pot. YES it’s over the top and not that practical, but I like making things along these lines. Air tight construction for recirculation. Fans are conceptual, twenty four 120x38s could get a little expensive. Overall size is 4x8 feet +/-, about 19 cubic feet...