Posts by Aleslammer

Thanks for the answerBasically the consistence of all most dry linseed oil. Felt around but couldn’t find anywhere that had and slipperiness between my fingers. How long it has been sitting no idea. Haven’t tried to clean anything so don’t know what will dissolve it.&
Summer Does Suck!!!When I first started playing at Ocing use to pipe air from outside through my box but dumped in the room, had all most 2 weeks of -1c weather, fully dressed, heavy coat and a large cup of coffee. Room would get about 4 or 5c with the vent closed. The only problem was the door was right opposite the thermostat so the rest of the house would be in the high 20s’, which kind of made my wife mad. Learned to drop a blanket at the bottom of the door real...
Never thought I’d be posting in this section, but here is my question. Picked up a used Sears Plasmaire, 12,300 Btu, R22, window box. When I was taking it apart I noticed a sticky substance mixed with dust on some of the interior surfaces around the compressor area and the fan motor. Do you think there is a refrigerant leak? Garage temp = 31.6c @ 18% humidity Evaporator w/ location of temp probe, about 30 minutes of run time. Cold side of the compressor Shot of temp...
So if I’m reading this right, you live here, a little anti-freeze in your loop and your benching is ok.If I take an AC unit, cool the air to -20c to replicate a place like Stanley and run it through my rads and across the MB in a closed loop system, it’s not. Damn the cold weather folks have it made in the Enthusiast League.
Thanks for the comments.So how are the Crows doing, haven't seen an Adelaide game in a while, so don't know their standing. Just finished watching the Swans/Hawks nice finish.
Can you use a fridge to cool a modern gaming computer, for 24 / 7 use? Mini / Dorm Refrigerator = NO Standard Size Two Door = NO Large Side By Side = No Commercial Reach In = Maybe, See Link, Specs in PDF http://www.ckitchen.com/kitchen/restaurant-equipment/reach-in-refrigerators/randell/randell-2010-reach-in-rerigerator.html) The concept of cooling a computer with a fridge has surfaced in this forum on a regular basis. Search the word “fridge” you’ll get a pretty good...
To answer the often asked question. The mini/frig concept has two problems; refrigerators don’t have the capacity to handle most gaming computers. The other is the compressor is not designed for constant operation. http://www.ehow.com/how_6038931_calculate-btu-output-watts.html 1 Watt = 0.0009485 btu(s) Taking 350 watts out of the air to represent a loaded computer. 350 x 0.0009485 = .331975 btu(s) x 3600 = 1195.11 btu(h) After spending some time searching for...
Had a 8086 in a Tandy XT which I sold and bought a CompuAdd 286 8mhz with a 20 meg HD.
Thank you, answered a lot of the uncertainties I had. Might of missed it but what size AC unit are you using, your –25c +/- chamber temp under load is right where I wanted to be on my own project. A lot better than a slush box concept I’ve been toying with.
Better price and new. http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=7120468000G-2-BULK&cat=VCD Using a W3550 @ 4.7+ 3870 X2 = 10.9 in Vantage 5770 = 13.9 4890 = 15.3 2x 3870 X2 = 19.4 (Added) Two 4890s need more power than the 3870 X2s, based on my problems with a 800 watt PS and the 4890s.