Posts by TheSprunk

Welcome to OCN!
I was fortunate, mine came with F23 out of the box. Have people had issues with the bios update? or are referring to CPU not being compatible until applying the update? Hmmm. I wonder, does this have Q-flash? In any class, glad it didn't give you trouble. If F22 is working for you, I dont see any reason to upgrade to F23, as 23 is just minor update for better memory compatibility.Getting airflow across VRM's is pretty important for any board if you're OC'ing it really,...
It supports quad channel. 16GB is just to start. I intend on installing 64GB total in the relatively near future, and the 1x16GiB stick was a better deal than comparable quality/performance 2x8GiB at the time I bought them. A single channel, single stick of DDR4 16GiB is more than enough to "limp by" on for a few weeks. Basically I wanted to keep some cash in reserve in the off chance that the ES Xeon didn't work, and I needed to buy another CPU while I waited on the...
First off, been a while since I was last active here on OCN, so hey guys, good to be back.Second, this is my first big upgrade in several years, and couldn't be happier. Finally retiring my old MSI Big Bang X58 w/ i7 920. The processor was fine, but the motherboard was starting to throw a fit (especially the usb3.0 controller on the fritz) so I figured it was about time I caught up with the times. And so after doing lots of research, I settled on Gigabyte's socket 2011-v3...
Most interested in a Gigabyte card, preferably the Super Overclock Windforce edition. I am NOT interested in a Reference edition card, regardless of the vendor, but will consider offers from other brands if they're non reference designs.
Yes, Instantly. If not, It would certainly render them inert instantly, death occuring within seconds after. The Ballistics properties of a 50 caliber BMG, even the "Straight through" Armor piercing rounds, are quite capable of literally blowing a person apart, and has nothing to do with the fragmentation of the bullet.As seen here (This is ballistics gel, SFW, no gore), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7pAXj89hokThe energy/shockwave of impact does MASSIVE damage to...
Say what you will about shipping an unfinished game, or EA sucking or whatever. I still have to give them respect to owning up to a mistake/failure and making a clear attempt to make it right. We'll see what the follow through looks like, but kudos DICE.
So they're saying you must have a MINIMUM of 24 and then 32 cores to participate in bigadv folding then?
I'm normally all for this mentallity.But, I've got to say I'm pretty strongly FOR this merger.This isn't about "Less Competition screws customers" but rather "Less spectrum screws customers".There's a relatively finite amount of spectrum available in the US, and the way it's sliced up and delegated is ... to put it simply, suboptimal. It's part of the reason Duetsche Telecom wants out of the US. It's incredibly difficult and financially prohibitive for T-Mobile to expand.A...
$300 is a bit much imo That said, I hope WD keeps with it. This is amazing stuff, especially for portable/mobile tech. I personally don't have a need for it so I wouldn't see myself purchasing this particular combo for anything more than $200, but $250 seems a fair price. Will be interesting to see what kind of performance we can get out of these. What kind of SSD's are these?