Posts by channelx99

I have an Asus Q501LA laptop which has 4gb soldered to the board, and a 2gb stick in the free slot. I want to upgrade the memory of the laptop, but boosting the gaming performance is more important than having ability to multitask more. From what I used to understand, memory has to be in matched pairs the same size to run in dual channel mode, but I guess theres a new mode on newer boards that allows mismatched sizes to run in dual channel, but only at the lowest sized...
I picked the game up for $20 from amazon earlier plus a $5 off coupon for later. Seems pretty fun so far. Graphics are pretty nice though I had to lock the fps to 30. I will try the fix above later. The races are pretty fun so I thought it was worth the money.
Did you beat it on inferno to get that message? I have no interest in playing WoW but can give the code to a friend if it allows you to do that
Hope its better than the last DLC. Felt so bland and empty... kinda feel ripped off buying the season pass in advance for $30
Checkout Trackmania Nations (Free!) And also Trackmania 2 just came out recently and is fairly cheap. Both games have some really creative track layouts and online is really popular, youll never run out of new tracks to play since people are constantly making new ones
From Valves point of view, the customer is a thief if a paypal dispute is open... theres no middle ground where they say, "maybe this person has a legitimate issue lets look into this and find out what happened".I did finally get my money back, except all they did was cancel my game purchase which removed it from my library and issued the refund. They didnt explain what happened or apologize or anything...I emailed them back asking what had happened to cause me from being...
I dont see how thats relevant. Even if I won the dispute with paypal and got my money back which they took, Valve still has full control over my steam account. They can remove any game they wish or block me from accessing my content or account at any time. Its not like were talking about fancy electronics or jewelry or anything they mailed out to me which is going to be difficult to reclaim, its a digital game that cost Steam a penny or two in bandwidth to send to me...As...
According to Valve though, anyone who disputes a transaction is automatically a criminal and will have their account flagged, purchases locked and threaten with a ban unless they submit to Valves jurisdiction on the matter, which is not right at all. They had a chance to view my ticket, and if they had done so would have immediately seen they screwed up and overbilled me.What they could have done is email me to say they were aware of the problem and were working on fixing...
Really, youre going to use that reasoning? It costs Valve money and time to talk to PayPal to resolve a dispute through them? Thats the whole problem. Valve runs a business, part of the cost of business is providing support for the products you sell. In this case, they took money from me that didnt belong to them. So Im supposed to feel bad it costs Valve time and money to fix the problem they caused in the first place? The whole thing started because Valve doesnt want to...
Im not knocking their game development. Valve definitely makes some great games and continues to do so. Its just the Steam platform and the customer service I cant wrap my head around. They have the money to provide real customer support so thats not the issue, for whatever reason theyre just refusing to do so.