Posts by 0m3g4

That is terrible looking
It is never a good idea to run your pump off the motherboard fan headers. The biggest problem is the lack of power on the fan headers (typically 2-8 watts). Your pump will likely need (depending on the pump) 12-24 watts. You should have it hooked up to a three pin off the PSU.
I will say this, the guy has a really large room. Its going to be tough to put together a "nice" system for $1500 and it fill that space. I don't think the hsu vft-2 will be able to fill that space effectively. As for speakers towers in the front and you will likely need some decent 2 way 6.5" bookshelf for surrounds to fill the space, this is just my 2ยข.
I don't have a ton of experience in the speaker/ monitor department ( not compared to some of the people on here). I will say this I really do like the equator d5's for the money and relatively flat response (- room effect). They seem to be held in high regard, I will say they do not have that boomy/muddy bass over drive that seems to be common place. I am unsure of what you mean by "sound less monitor like" To me monitors (the ones I have experienced) have a (or try to)...
Yup, because your experience = to the experience of 100% of said problem.Well I'm glad you and all others that had no issue solved this problem. Snake oil move on people... This mentality still blows me away, especially since its all to common around here.On topic: if this addresses a previously weak link in a product, then what is the problem?
Interesting, I will have to look further into that. I'm unsure how they are increasing their volts without hard modding.
We are on the same page, just different ways at looking at it. This is definitely one of the times were patience will pay off.
No offense, but until the card comes out with verifiable benchmarks that is all just fluff.I don't make bets on people's best guess.Should he wait? Yes, not because of those "leaked" benchmarks, but just because the card is literally right around the corner. Which should force nvidia's hand to either lower prices or bring out the 980ti in the same price range as the 390x.I hate nvidia for the fact they have to have proprietary garbage, but I took the plunge in a gsync...
Where did you get that number from? Is that even for water cooled cards? Seems too close the the 1.226 stock to be the MAX safe 24/7 voltage (not saying you are wrong, just would like some input where the number is from).I too would like to find a bios with the max volts for an MSI gaming 980, though my card is on a full cover block.
I ran a custom fan profile on my 290 tri-x and didn't hit 70c. Though on the 980 4g custom fan profile wouldn't hit 65.