Posts by bobfig

power to the video card plugged in?
well i had wd blues that just threw a raid 0 fault, still worked but faulted some how, and replaced them with other drives. this was a week ago and when took them out they had a birth date it 2009. they have been in raid 0 their whole life so 6+ years. also looks to be that wd blue in 1tb or smaller are 7200 rpm where as larger then 1tb are the 5400rpm.
nice should be a good server. just like mine but slightly different hard drives.
no takers?
you may want to put some ESD mats down over it. looks like you have a mouse infestation.
for router use you dont need that much power. if you are trying to use an i7 setup to be a router that should be able to handle say 2,000+ people. for home use you can get off with just a duel core pentium 4 or amd athlon if you wanted.
maybe, only thing you would gain would be ecc ram but i dont think it would matter much. not to mention you wont get it in a smaller package then mine and the power use would be a lot more then the 30-40watts this thing uses max.
im going to say not really. it may be fine but the problem is that it only has 1 NIC not 2. yah you could do a router on a stick config but not the best imo. if you want to do something i got something for sale that would work perfectly for it but will cost more.http://www.overclock.net/t/1601479/super-small-mitx-computer-pfsense-or-light-computer-use
seems good to me. a little older then whats out now but i would run them just fine. also get the biggest you can afford to buy.
imo any main stream ssd now should be pretty good and not have any problems. i would get some kind of small ups for the computer to protect from blackouts.