Posts by ThePath

AMD is really deceiving consumers by claiming that bulldozer will be 8 core, because 8-core bulldozer are actually only 4 modules, and AMD is counting each module as two cores Please read this http://www.anandtech.com/show/2881 Sure, a module will perform better than single core with HT, but it won't be as good a true dual-core.
Quote: Originally Posted by chatch15117 Again, these are server processors. They are clocked at 1.74GHz and 2.0GHz. Not fun for overclocking. Wait for Westmere-EX for the consumer models to show up. Not true, the top model (Xeon X7560) has clock speed of 2.26GHz, with turbo up to 2.66GHz http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=46499 Quote: Originally Posted by gerikoh 24mb of cache? since the i7 has 256kb l2cache that would...
Quote: Sales of netbooks, which were growing rapidly in 2008 – 2009 timeframe, are slowing down and Intel Corp.’s revenue associated with Atom processors dropped by nearly one fifth in the Q1 of FY 2010. However, Intel believes that by improving performance of Atom processors the company will catalyze demand for netbooks in future. The only question is whether those devices will be similar to what we know today. “I think there will still be significant...
Quote: Originally Posted by p1tbull I think AMD is gonna kick the INTEL ass badly with Bulldozer Thats a wishful thinking I heard many people saying the same thing for AMD Phenom (Agena), before it came out
Quote: Originally Posted by Celeras By the way, not really a fair bench. You can't just raise both cards core by 125 when they start out at different clocks. If you want to bench scaling properly, you have to increase both cards by the same amount percentage wise. You should also remember that they did not adjust the GTX 480 shader clock which would give us a further performance increase. Unlike Nvidia, ATI shaders, TMU and ROPs all run at same...
The difference between GTX 480 OC and HD5870 OC is bigger than the difference GTX 480 at stock speeds vs HD5870 at stock And ATI fanboys look at the minimum fps, not just the average
Quote: Originally Posted by Shane1244 Oh boy... 48 Atom CPU's on a chip. haha Atom ?! The article only says that it operate at same clock as Atom. It doesn't say it is based on Atom architecture
Quote: Originally Posted by Celeras Hard to read the translation, are they comparing the performance to a 275.. but with DX11? Basically nVidias version of the 5770? GTX 275 is faster overall than 5770
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabis If they use stock clocks DUH. And if they test just processing speed.... DUH! But when you include RAM in the picture and the chipset support, the 920 will turmp the 860. Over. And over. And over again. I can almost guarentee (no money to go and tets it myself, otherwise I would) But I'd put my money on the 920 beating the 860 in performance if they were at the same clocks. If they were at same clock (with turbo...
Quote: Originally Posted by TotalLamer The point at which every CPU review ever upon Lynnfield's release showed the 860 and 920 as neck-and-neck, perhaps? i7 860 review http://www.anandtech.com/show/2839/1 i7 860 performs better than i7 920 in majority of benchmarks. The anandtech is not only review that shows this, but almost every review I've seen shows the same thing