Posts by ThePath

Quote: BioWare has corrected an error-riddled IGN preview of Dragon Age 2, explaining that there are more than three dialogue choices per conversation. "I'm not really sure where the 'there are only three options for dialogue' impression they got came from," wrote Mike Laidlaw, lead DA2 designer, on the BioWare forum. "Perhaps it was when I showed one half of the dialogue wheel with three options which, you know, leaves another half open for, you know, other...
I'm currently using G80 based 8800GTS, and Q6600 running at stock speed. I'm planning to change by video card, because it is outdated and can't run many of modern at highest settings However, I want to make sure that my PSU can handle GTX 460. I'm not expert in these things, so can someone tell me if it can handle GTX 460 You can see the specs of my PSU from this website http://translate.google.com/translat...en-US:official
Quote: TrueCrypt is about as good as free encryption software gets. I've yet to see a better alternative for those looking to secure the contents of a thumb drive or hide sensitive data on their own systems. And now, with its latest 7.0 release, TrueCrypt has become even better by adding hardware acceleration via Intel's nifty new AES-NI instructions. AES-NI instructions were introduced with Intel's 32-nano Westmere silicon, which can be found in the...
Newegg droped the price of i7 870, now it cost only 5$ more than i7 860 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-213-_-Product
Quote: Originally Posted by xd_1771 That's kind of unfair seeing as you have a 6-core, 12-thread chip going against a chip with merely 6-threads powering 6-cores. And of course, the comparison of processor value - it costs 3 times more! ok I best not bring that up since most of you would get the point. I know that it is not fair comparison. But i was pointing about the fact than i7 970 did perform better than overclocked PII X6 to show how...
i7 970 @ stock performed better than PII X6 1090T @ 3.87GHz in every single benchmark
Quote: Originally Posted by sLowEnd Atoms are slow. Pentium 4's are just slower. (In some applications) The only Atom that performed better than Pentium 4 was the dual core model
Quote: Originally Posted by BizzareRide I hear there is supposed to be parts with 4, 6, & 8 modules. The 8 module part will be server and the 4-6 module part will be for enthusiast desktop. Where did you hear that 6 module will be released for desktop ?
Quote: Originally Posted by Chrono Detector I really hope Bulldozer does not disappoint, and it better be much faster than the 980x, I would be disappointed if it was only like 5% faster or somewhat. There is no evidence that it going to be faster than 980X or the upcoming 990X Anyone who says that it will be faster than Gulftown is making a pure assumption Quote: Originally Posted by jprovido what if it's slower than the 980x...
Quote: Originally Posted by xd_1771 59mm^2 die size is smaller than the Intel Atom (Pineview) 66mm^2 size, not significantly but indeed smaller. The die size was a guess by the author, read the article. Also, the die size of Pineview you mentioned includes the built-in GPU. The older models of Atom (Diamondville) which lacked built-in graphics had die size of 25.96 mm^2