Posts by ThePath

I have a netbook that have Atom N270 with 2GB ram. It runs all the applications that I use fine. I only use it for office, messenger, browsing internet etc. It is not as slow as many people here claim. It not good for gaming, and it doesn't handle aero very well. But who cares ? Most netbook users don't care about these things Also, modern atom processors like N550 and D525 are much faster than Atom N270 that I have. So, it will handle basic applications even better than...
875MHz is too high With such a clock speed, it should easly beat GTX 470
As far as I know memory bandwidth and ROPs are also important for high resolution, not just memory sizeBut anyway, do you have an evidence that 2560x1600 resolution and above needs more than 1.5GB ram ? Or is there any evidence that HD6970 has an advantage over GTX 580 at those resolution ?I think we should wait for reviews, before we make pure assumptions
So ?What really matters is real world performance. Even if it had 10GB ram, that might not make any difference over 1.5GB in real world test
[quote=lilraver018;11633774]Clock for clock based on two different architecture is irreverent....[/quote] E350 and c50 are based on the same architecture
[quote=NameUnknown;11633627]I want to see how the E350 does. .[/quote] Here is a review for E350 [url]http://techreport.com/articles.x/19981[/url] [url]http://www.anandtech.com/show/4023/the-brazos-performance-preview-amd-e350-benchmarked[/url] [quote]If it does well I may sell my laptop which is just a hyperthreaded i5 with integrated video. If the E350 can outperform that in the all around aspect, I very well may switch to it[/quote] LOL !! i3 is day and night...
[quote=lilraver018;11633503] c50 is the only decent netbook cpu mentioned. .5 higher tdp than the current N550. Interested in seeing up coming benches. I am hoping for the best expecting subpar battery life with slightly increase performance from the Intell n550.[/quote] Atom N550 is certainly faster than c50, that if you are talking about CPU performance only How do I know that ? E350 has 60% higher clock than c50. And there already many reviews for E350. If you look...
Does "starting from $349" mean that system with slowest Bobcat is going cost like that ?
Quote: Originally Posted by GameBoy Who said you need to downclock? You can apply it to overclocking aswell, take a 4Ghz i5 760 and a 4Ghz i5 2500k, if the i5 2400k is only slightly faster that isn't a good improvement.... especially considering the price of these new chips. . I'm sure that i5 2500K is going to overclock better on average than i5 760. If thats is true then again clock for clock comparison is still useless because i5 2500K could...
Quote: Originally Posted by GameBoy 3.3ghz vs 2.8ghz Clock for clock performance gains are very important, what are you talking about? Sandy-bridge has higher default clock speed. And in real world no one is going to downclock their CPU. So, what is the point of clock for clock comparison ? Do people underclock their Phenom II 965 when they compare it to i5 750 ? Also, how clock for clock gains are important ? If there is a processor...