Posts by ThePath

Quote: Originally Posted by Blinkwing I want a game that shows the russian side of WW2 ): In COD1, 2 and WoW you do play as Russian in some missions
Quote: Originally Posted by Brutuz Facepalm, Hyperthreading gets a 20-30% improvement at best, a 6 core/12 thread HT CPU would be roughly as good as a normal 9 core CPU at best, just like the 8 thread ones are as good as a six core... The 12 core CPU would kill the 980X in any heavily multitasked scenarios (Nearly any server or workstation role) simply because it has more cores. (Read: Double the amount of real cores) Thats would be true if...
Quote: Originally Posted by vicious_fishes if it only has the 16 lanes that 1156 does, i consider it fail. good for budget, but there better be a 1366 version. 8x on PCIe 3.0 should be as fast as 16x on PCIe 2.0 ? Correct me if I'm wrong
Quote: Originally Posted by jrharvey I wonder how the 12 core 2.3ghz compares against a core i7 3.33ghz in multithreaded apps. Logically I would think the 12 core would beast it but ya never know. Any ideas? i7 980X has clock speed of 3.33GHz (thats about 44.7% higher), faster clock for clock and Hyperthreading. The High clock speed of 980X and Hyperthreading could make it as good as the top $1500 AMD 12 cores in heavy multithreaded...
Quote: We’ve just confirmed the minimum, recommended and optimum PC specs for Metro 2033. Read on to see what your machine can handle... Minimum: * Dual core CPU (any Core 2 Duo or better will do) * DirectX 9, Shader Model 3 compliant graphics cards (GeForce 8800, GeForce GT220 and above) * 1GB RAM Recommended: * Any Quad Core or 3.0+ GHz Dual Core CPU * DirectX 10 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 260 and above) * 2GB...
I wonder how those who wrote this Turkish article knew that the Geforce GTX 470 will end up 20-25% faster than GTX 285 ? Did they test it ? Do you believe that ?!
Quote: Originally Posted by antuk15 The 5830 is better, Infact want to talk about min FPS? Ouch.... That poor 4890... It's all driver related, 8xAA in DX9 isn't magically different then 8xAA in DX10 and if I remember correctly DX10 is supposed to be faster then DX9 in Far Cry 2 which further points out that it's driver related. The performance was very poor with 8xAA. The game is not playable, anyway With 4xAA (when the game was playable),...
Please delete
Quote: Originally Posted by antuk15 39 tests in total, 4890 won 12, 5830 won 27....more then double.. Thats because you are ignoring min fps, and just looking at avg fps. You are counting games that were tested in DX9 and DX10 (like Far cry2) as if they are two games. You are counting the benches with AA turned off (like in Left 4 Dead and far Cry 2), when in real world no one with turn AA off in those games (specially when you are using...
Quote: Originally Posted by antuk15 5830 is the quicker card, The review proves it, the 5830 won twice as many tests. End of discussion.... No it didn't. It seems that you only look at avg fps, but ignore the min fps which is more important End of discussion....