Posts by ThePath

Quote: Originally Posted by Enfluenza wow must cost 1.5k or higher! Why ? Any reason ? I think this is supposed to replace 980X for the same price (like i7 965 > i7 975)
It won't cost over $1000, this is supposed to replace 980X
The one tested has 6MB L3 cache and operate only at 2.5GHz. Yet it outperformed i7 965 in some of the tests. i7 965 has %28 higher clock speed and 8MB L3 cache The final sandy-bridge is going to have 8MB L3 and much higher clock speed than the one tested.
Quote: Originally Posted by JofaMang Cheaper in Canada? The apocalypse is upon us! http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...16368&Tpk=875k Unbelievable ! i7 875K costs only $5 more than i7 860 in Canada !!
They are now available on newegg http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16819116368 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116369
Quote: Originally Posted by mothergoose729 Pine trail came out earlier this year. Technically even worse then the previous 945gse + n270.. Why or in what it is worse ? Quote: Originally Posted by mothergoose729 Are you sure? I remember reading not to long ago that moorestown would just be die shrinked and up clocked atom chips. I don't remember any architecture changes being mentioned at all. Moorestown is 45nm...
Quote: Intel has managed to make Moorestown-based phones do an awful lot of things on stage. Multitask, scale photos sans lag, and automatically correct your grammar before it comes out of your mouth. But believe it or not, one thing we haven't seen the Aava Mobile-built reference design do is play the full PC version of World of Warcraft and / or Quake III (from within Moblin) for over an hour on a full charge. Well, until this week's Computex event. Peek a...
Quote: Nvidia's GeForce GTX 460 will arrive in early-mid July and has a 180W TDP, 786MB of GDDR5 memory and 240 stream processors Quote: Originally Posted by LiLChris Interesting, is this going to be like a 5770 in price and performance? If so i might get one or 2. I think half of GTX 480 is better than half of HD5870
Quote: Conclusions Like I said, it's good to be king. Intel has calibrated its response to the Phenom II X6 quite carefully, and the result is a clean sweep. At stock clock speeds, the Core i7-875K is a better performer than the Phenom II X6 1090T—just a little bit in multithreaded applications, but quite a lot in single-threaded ones. The 875K is also a (very slightly) better value. When both CPUs are overclocked, the 875K retains its performance lead. Either...
Quote: GF104 will be the first fresh graphics circuit of Nvidia's Fermi family. The GF100 GPU found in the GeForce GTX 400 series house 512 CUDA processors through 16 multiprocessor clusters. GeForce GTX 480 uses 15 of these for 480 CUDA processors and little brother GTX 470 settles for 13 clusters and 444 CUDA processors. Even if you shut down parts of the circuit the transistors are still there and result in high manufacturing costs, and makes the chip...