Posts by ThePath

Quote: Originally Posted by antuk15 39 tests in total, 4890 won 12, 5830 won 27....more then double.. Thats because you are ignoring min fps, and just looking at avg fps. You are counting games that were tested in DX9 and DX10 (like Far cry2) as if they are two games. You are counting the benches with AA turned off (like in Left 4 Dead and far Cry 2), when in real world no one with turn AA off in those games (specially when you are using...
Quote: Originally Posted by antuk15 5830 is the quicker card, The review proves it, the 5830 won twice as many tests. End of discussion.... No it didn't. It seems that you only look at avg fps, but ignore the min fps which is more important End of discussion....
Quote: Originally Posted by antuk15 The 5830 beat in ALL tests in DX9 mode and only lost 2 of the 6 in DX10 mode so the 5830 >> 4890 Actually, in DX10 mode it performed better in all benchmarks when AA was enabled. In real world no one would turn AA off, specially when a game offer a good performance with AA enabled About the DX9, please reread my post again, I did edit and this was my response Quote: In DX9 benchmarks (with 4xAA),...
Quote: Originally Posted by antuk15 I suggest you look again, 5830 beat it ALL the Far Cry 2 tests except 2 which point to driver issues. I did look at it again, and yes HD4890 porformed better when AA is enable, DX10 benchmark with AA enabled Also, look at the minimum fps, not just the average fps Does anyone here play Far Cry 2 with AA turned off ? The benches with AA off are useless for me In DX9 benchmarks (with 4xAA), the HD4890...
HD4890 outperformed HD5830 in Batman, Borderland, Far Cry 2 (when AA was enabled) and Left 4 Dead (when AA was enabled). HD5830 performed better in Dragon Age, Dirt 2 and Dawn of War So, please guys explain to me how HD5830 is better overall ? HD4890 peformed better in more games
Quote: Originally Posted by Behemoth777 Nope, it was confirmed a quad, replacement for the 960. I was disappointed, but it makes sense, why would they release a chip that would compete with their most expensive processor. No, it is still not confirmed to be quad. There is one website that says it will be Quad core and another says it will be Hexa core
Does anyone seriously believe that GTX 480 will be $600 ? I really don't trust that Turkish website
Guys, don't forget that turbo mode was disabled on i5 and i7
Quote: Originally Posted by Murlocke My thoughts on 6 core processors: 1) They will not overclock near as high as quad cores (at first). 2) Only 1% of current games will take advantage of them. 3) They will launch at a price of around $1200. Why they won't overclock as high as Quad core ? Remember that those are based on 32nm process . They are not 45nm (like the upcoming Phenom X6)
Quote: Originally Posted by Eduardv Ok here is my guess.. GTX 480 = 499 USD GTX 470 = 399 USD According to TweakTown the price of GTX 470 will be 299 USD