Posts by ThePath

Quote: Originally Posted by _GTech Intel Sandy Bridge CPUs/GPUs will be DX10 while AMD's new CPUs/GPUs will be DX11. Actually, Sandy-bridge GPU will be DX10.1 http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...y_bridge__.php
These priced are much better than what most people expected. i7 2600K cost only $317, but most people though it is going to be priced over $500 I also surprised that 2500K cost only $11 more than 2500 EDIT: Also, the S models which have lower TDP are better priced than what I expected
Quote: Intel® OpenCL* SDK is an Alpha software release. It is an implementation of the OpenCL* 1.1 standard optimized for Intel® CoreTM processors, running on Microsoft* Windows* 7 and Windows Vista* operating systems. This Alpha software brings OpenCL* for the CPU in support of OpenCL developers desiring CPU advantages found on many OpenCL* workloads. OpenCL* language and Application Programming Interface (API) enables you to seamlessly take advantage of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brutuz Epic, especially considering according to that article it matches a 1.2Ghz Dual Core Celeron No, the article says that Celeron 1.2Ghz (based on 45nm Core 2) is faster than Zocate dual core 1.6GHz in CPU bond benchmarks. The article says that Zocate had slightly better graphic performance than Nvidia Ion (which was used by celeron 1.2GHz). But the CPU it self is slower than Celeron From Dailytech...
Quote: Intel will launch its next-generation Sandy Bridge chip line on January 5 at the Consumer Electronics Show, the chipmaker confirmed today. The launch will take place at Venetion Hotel in Las Vegas. Mooly Eden, Intel vice president and general manager for PC Client Group, along with "surprise guests, will showcase the world's fastest processor with many new technologies Intel has built into our chips to enhance the 'visual life,'" Intel said in a...
Quote: Originally Posted by CAHOP240 Well, I've been going crazy trying to find news on the 6970 and how it might stack up and couldn't find anything....so........I decided to do some calculations on my own. The 6870 has 1120 shaders. So far the 6970 is rumored to have 1536 shaders. Feel free to check me if I'm wrong but I figured it would go like this: 1120 = 100% = 11.2% per core 11.2 * 1536 = ~172% or a 72% increase in performance (if core speeds...
Quote: Originally Posted by JF-AMD There is a lot more in there beyond core count. Like what ?
Quote: Originally Posted by KamuiRSX Wow....this is interesting.....it's good news but also bad news. They've been preaching for awhile now that 8 cores will be the top but with this news, I wonder if it will affect production or be one of those things that comes after the initial offerings. Thanks for posting it though My pocket is going to hate you though as I see this one being super expensive but I must have the top Bulldozer product lol It...
Quote: Originally Posted by KamuiRSX Yuppers 2Mb of L2 per Module for a total of 16MB of L2 on the 8 core desktop Zambezi variant with 8Mb of L3 cache shared between the entire CPU while each 2Mb of L2 is only shared between the module. Module = 2 Cores 2MB per module means that the 8 core model has a total of 8MB L2 cache
Quote: AMD reportedly may delay the production of its latest Fusion accelerate processing unit (APU) codenamed Llano from the company's original schedule of the first half 2011 to July of 2011 and mass production is unlikely to start until August or September due to Globalfoundries' lower-than-expected yield rate for its 32nm process, according to sources from motherboard players. In response to the rumor, AMD declined to comment on unannounced products. AMD...