Posts by ASUSfreak

Use the stairs as intake, over the server and blow it out into your workspace. Don't do it the other way around as mentioned in page 1 (dust, iron particels etc) On the other hand... build in a button on your desk. When you press and hold it, the airflow will turn aroiund (so stairs is exhaust) --> you never know when a girl walks down and she wears a skirt Other than that, NICE idea and yes NICE drawings in Google Mayonaise
First of all: euh what??? a 22 core CPU??? I know xeons are nice and stuff but I tought 10/12 cores was max I've ever heard of Second: why 22 cores and not say... 24??? (as in 1-2-4-8-16-"24 (16+8)")
Playing a game is not "full load" as in stress-test "full-load" Compare it like this: you can drive your car engine @ 3k RPM on a flat road. But you can also drive your car uphill @ 3k RPM --> same "load" but other temps of engine... KINDA, more or less a comparison, can't explain it better... So that might explain why you got "low" temps while "stressing" Also because it was a time ago you build that rig, it might just something you remember like that (5.1 @ 48C) but...
If you REALLY want to know your REAL power draw... use a Fluke (not other brand crap, unless descent brand) Make/use an extention cord (cut an existing one open without touching the inner insulation ) Hold your clamp around ONE wire (not the ground one ofcourse) and measure the AC amps. Now measure the AC voltage of that wall socket and multiply it E.g. 227V x 4.3A = 976.1W --> always correct, heat losses included... EDIT: seems I cannot insert picture atm so I...
Yes yes I see now We were just double-posting at the same time so yeah... I did not notice it. Well I can't help you with offset mode because I have trouble with that I understand why you don't want to run it at 1.315V but seriously it does not hurt My 2600K is at 4.6GHz @ 1.4V for... 5 years or so??? But ok, if you don't want it, then don't do it but sorry I can't help you with offset-mode... Now I go to sleep
I'm sorry... I don't understand you quite well... So you have 4 sticks of 4GB --> a total of 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600??? Is that what you mean? Ok, now I've seen your pictures and YES you have 4x 4GB sticks = 16GB total. And your vCore goes up to 1.92V???? that is WAY too high and your CPU should be dead???!!! Unless your cpu or motherboard shuts your PC down. And since your PC is shutting down (BSOD) that might be the reason. But code 0x00000124 seems low voltage...
Wait... first things first. What do you have now about your RAM? Because you say 1600MHZ Ram(Crosair Vengeance)16GBX4 1 Ram stick down. Do you have 4 sticks of 16GB??? Your motherboard only supports this: 4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory And reading from above you have 2 sticks and another different 2 sticks? Download CPU-Z from http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html (might choose the ROG theme...
Ah! Thx, but not now It's 23h17 (11:17 PM I guess) so it's too late to read that much... also tired so not "learning" anything
Stop code 124 = add more voltage to your cpu but you need STRESS temps, not Idle temps Also try the search function of the forum (top right corner) --> you'll find lot's of info, eg: http://www.overclock.net/t/1582864/overclocking-intel-i5-2500k-with-p8z68v-pro http://www.overclock.net/t/1279729/intel-i7-2600k-3-4ghz-asus-p8z68-v-pro-overclock-help 6303 for Win 7 or 6303 for XP??? It seems they have difdferent bios for them. Don't use auto OC, do it manualy in...
So I installed it. Looks a bit overwhelming at first but seems to be "the same" as the normal Task Manager only not as much info in TM So I see a few scvhosts but all M$ related. I guess I have to kill those 1 by 1 you mean? And I assume only when the "window" is shown on desktop. So not now cause ofcourse now it does not show up... Maybe it knows... maybe it's spying software and now they know I'm trying to figure out what it is and kill them! Hehe just kidding...