Posts by ASUSfreak

Oh yeah ofcourse I saw at ARK Intel that it wasn't ECC but I forgot to look that the max supported was 1600 I'm sorry but what does "slight compatibility edge" mean? (I'm Dutch) --> is this good or bad in this context? I'm asking cause the VS costs $5 more than the Vengeance 1600/1866 (not that I care about 5 bucks, but it would be stupid to buy VS if Vengance is better, hence the "edge question" Assuming Vengeance > VS memory
Ok, that makes it clear Well it's the Intel Celeron N3160 so it's no ECC support. Ok then I'll just grab myself some Corsair DDR3L But it seems that the value select costs the same as the Vengeance +-$50-55 So ValueSelect 1600C9 Or Vengeance 1600C9 or 1866C10 or 2133C11 All the above costs more or less the same... so wich one would you choose? The faster but lower timings or the same speed with faster timings? Oh the choises I have to make (and prolly for no...
bump
Hello, I have asustor nas with 2x 2GB DDR3L 1600MHz CL11 1.35V in it (from asustor brand itself) Questions: 1) Can I replace it with any other brand? (if specs are the same ofcourse) 2) Since I want to upgrade it to it's max of 2x 4GB, does it also benefit from faster speeds or lower CL timings? 3) Is ECC needed? And what is difference between buffered and unbuffered NOTE: I just ask these questions in terms of faster transfer speeds. I have this nas, but don't use...
bump
Well, with that statement AND your nickname... LINUX And I know, I would like to stay with 7 as well, but all the hasle for blocking stuff... in the end....
Check temps, dust might build up and/or blocking fan's resulting in higher temps, resulting in throttle down of specs. Other free stuff I use is HitmanPro and MBAM for scanning tools.
Oh well, I guess I'll surrender and BUY a Win 10 copy after all... I gave up with the "bye bye privacy stuff"... All the things you have to do to "hide yourself" in the first place and in the end I have nothing to hide... it's just the principal of it why I hided myself... I don't have faKebook but everything else I do is like "can we link this with that for your convieniance?" and I'm at the point of... whatever, link the f-word you want...
Hi all, I finally got myself a NAS Total network and NAS nooooob!!! I got the asustor AS6202T and the ASUS RT-AC66U router. So I hooked the NAS up to the router with it's 2 LAN cables provided. When setting up the NAS I chose LAN1+LAN2 and 802.3ad or something (I've read that this was the one to choose if you want double speed etc) But I also understand I have to setup my router for it? I have the latest Merlin firmware and seems like I have to put a script into my...
did you clr cmos as well after the update? But as mentioned... don't worry too much if it works I hade software once reporting my 2600K was over 110°C... I figured it would die so I ignored it (or at least the PC would shut down etc) Still running at OCd settings for years after that... (I did remove that particulmar software piece, guess it was ASUS' own AI soft)