Posts by ASUSfreak

2GB is indeed enough for most stuff. SLi is more for playing physx like games... one card calculates the graphics, the other one the physx... Tho it just add's up the total data and divide it over the 2 GPU's Search for "sli scaling" to see how well a setup of 2, 3 or 4 cards scale. You'll see that 2 cards is sweet spot in most cases. (price per dollar wise) and you're correct about the 256-bit bus... IMO more bits is better, even better than faster GPU's imagine...
And over what stick are we talking anyway? Sure it hasn't got a slider to "lock" the data on it??? I have such a stick --> just ruling it out And could it be some kind of root-kit virus? Preventing to read the TOC of the usb or something I have no idea, just spawning some ideas perhapsyou/others might push further in my idea's Hitman Pro is a good root-lit remover, also MBAM probably...
google or search this forum a bit more on words like: vdrop, vdroop an llc (load line calibration)and after you understand that, search "offset-mode" and not manual voltage in bios
pffff what? even more speed? I WANT 2TB SSD's... (and not PCI-e ones from a zillion bucks ) I need at least a 2 TB one for just my steam games and other games And boy it would be nice if Norton scans my disk(s) QUIETLY...
16 threads x 4.2GHz is like... lot's of gigglehurtzzzz (67.2GHz )
Oh yeah, that was something I forgot OP If you SLi 2x a 2GB card, it stays 2GB so it does NOT add up (4GB)
euhm... the comment on that webpage under the article says it is NOT for SLi? The quote from that site was: Multi-GPU setups like Crossfire and SLI need to be avoided when using the Oculus Rift because they introduce another frame’s length of input latency. In a 90hz setup, you will have 11ms more of a delay between moving your head to seeing the movement in the world, which increases the likeliness of motion sickness.
use another usb stick (or burn a cd/dvd) with a bootable linux. Boot from it (don't have to install it) and try to acces it via linux. I'm a linux noob, but that's what I was adviced once. Long time ago. IIRC it worked
this ^But it also works when you add a second one from another brand.As long as the chip (GTX 760) is the same, it's fine.Take the GTX 780 as example. You can do 780 + 780, but NOT 780 + 780Ti (different chip)IIRC you could even have 2x 760 but one has 1GB and the other has 2GB --> result will be that the 2GB will be "limited" to also 1GB for working on par with the 1GB cardIIRC you could even have 2x 760 with different clockspeeds that works fine. (and if you overclock...
I'm sorry TL;DR but what settings do we set? I have legit copy of Futuremark. I understand Fire Strike, but I have 3 versions of it? And do I have to choose settings in it or just the default "run test" button? And I have 1440p monitor --> does that matter? Or if I choose a fire strike it automaticly chooses the same settings, assuming 1080p? I have: Fire Strike Fire Strike Extreme Fire Strike Ultra I get 17k on Fire Strike, Core @ 1200MHz