Posts by ASUSfreak

IIRC there was also something like use ANY graphic card with just looooots of vRAM --> and use that vRAM for RAW photo editing... The guy from the local PC shop said that to me, but it was like... 15-20 years ago... so not sure it still is like that. But he told me that you could "directly acces the vRAM" or something so you could "work" into the vRAM for editing photo's... but only if they were in the RAW format, which should you know if editing
Euh... yeah!Thank god I'm a country boy!!!
The linus vid starting from 2 min? It shows eg Metro Last Light which is pretty recent and demanding in my opinion. I'm not stating RAM speed improves game performance. I "state" that going from 1333 upwards till 1866 improves the minimum fps in games/benchmarks. Anything above 1866MHz is not noticeable. But as I editted my previous post, it seems you have DDR4 modules and I know nothing about those...
It is, but ONLY on the MIN fps and ONLY when going from 1333/1600 to 1866As for other results/benchmarks:http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ram+speed+gaming+benchmarks --> than hit the Show Pictures button And see the Linus video that Champ provide a few posts above this one. Fast forward to 2 minutes and see for yourselfAlso I had 2x 2GB ddr2 and went for 4x 2GB ddr2 and did not see anything different (those old Core 2 Quad days...)Now I have 2x 4GB ddr3 upgraded to 4x 4GB and went...
I saw this speedtest in 2011 once Having myself a 200/10 is already nice, fast enough for me tho. But I want moarrrr upload speed... Telenet (provider here) is also working on a Gb network so.... let's hope
Like and ?
For editing you sure want CUDA cores! I do that as well (when Nero wants to at least ) But look it up: CUDA cores are like processors. Now you have a processor with 2, or 4 or 8 or 16-cores, well those processors in the graphic cards have a couple thousand! So for editing it sure is an nvidia card! And for gaming... wel it's the same
1333 --> 1600 = big difference in gaming (more fps) 1600 --> 1866 = still more fps, but just a few extra, like 5 or so (but when you reach 25fps, those extra 5 can make a difference) 1866 --> all above 1866 = not a difference at all in gaming, only calculating stuff works better (rendering, photoshop, etc) And we're talking MIN fps most of the time (and those are the most important actualy... who cares if you have 200fps or 205fps. But some do care if those exact same...
I got the DSP virtual 7.1 AND the 7.1 Apart from those you have the PRO and another IIRC, but those are "just" stereo (by which I mean, not 7.1 sound) Also with the DSP 7.1 you get two 10cm extension-cables extra. (with male/female mini-jack on it) With the DSP 7.1 your headset uses a mini jack to connect to the base station (the Strix 7.1 uses USB for headset to station) But with the DSP 7.1 you can use the headset to connect to other devices like Samsung, Sony...