Posts by ASUSfreak

Nice! And was that with your 780 in SLi + 660? or just 1x 780 + 660?
reviving an "old" thread I just bought the 780Ti as an upgrade for my GTX470's... --> mayor fps increase But I placed one GTX 470 back as dedicated PhysX and let the 780Ti be the main card. I just ran ONE test (Mafia 2 Benchmark) and gave me a +20fps!!! 780Ti alone was 60fps (2560x1440) and with 470 I got 80fps. I tried the other way around and let the 780Ti be the dedicated (as I figured Mafia is pretty PhysX heavy...) but that resulted in 30fps See my post......
Yeah... the title tells it all, right? I always thought calculating PhysX was heavier than calculating the image (2560x1440) itself... Or at least PhysX are heavy to calculate... So I made a little test, since I upgraded my 2x GTX470's in 1x GTX780Ti. First I set the 780Ti as main card to my monitor and put the 470 as dedicated PhysX Only ran 2 benchmarks: Mafia 2 and Firestrike (Extreme) Mafia gave 80fps and Firestrike gave x points. When I rebooted the PC, but...
This is EXACTLY what it is doing with my card. It only happens when you see the mountans at the background. And so far it only happens with Valley and like you mentioned it does not happen with Heaven (or any other benchmark, game-benchmark I've tried)But I can assure you when you just install the "upgrade" (came from GTX470 SLi) and the first test you run is Valley, it was not a happy feeling when seeing "artifacts" --> but now I'm sure it's not the card. Once again, thx...
What???
Aha a little spark of hope it's a bad driver and not my new ASUS card (which is an even bigger problem for an ASUS---freak )Well I'd figure those VRM temps would be way to high... I do know electronic devices like resistors and conductors etc can go way higher than 100°C but don't know about this... But as you can see in the picture I provide... it's telling 176°C
Hmmm ordered card yesterday, arrived today Uninstalled nvidia driver(s) and rebooted + removed old cards Installed ASUS 780Ti OC, booted and installed nvidia 337.88 drivers. Didn't overclock card (yet) but 1st benchmark I did was Valley benchmark. Max 71°C with room temp of 27°C (1920x1080, 8x AA, Extreme all) --> monitor can go 1440p so yeah... It was full of artifacts... 2nd was Mafia 2 benchmark, went better than 470's SLi but ofcourse now I see "problems"...
Again with MY old laptop, the webcam was together with an USB driver thingy... So maybe there realy is another driver to be installed that has something to do with your optical drive... As I said: with MY very OLD laptop... so may not apply for you, but I just can give more ideas, right
Well the " " means... sarcasm over here in Belgium. Do believe it's in the whole world like that But hey... it's 1440p we're talking so it was a 50/50 % sarcasm...Anyway, now I'm pretty sure it should give a performance boost Seems like the card (I ordered today) will be here tomorrow THANK GOD I don't have to work this week so I can accept the card, the moment the doorbell rings
I've ordered mine today The ASUS GTX780Ti DC2OC I'll sub this already, but I don't understand a lot of the links provided at post nr 1 I did flash my own GTX470's few years ago... but in post 1 there is info I do NOT understand But we'll see when it arrives I just hope 1 780Ti will beat 2x 470 in SLi (1440p)