Posts by TheBlademaster01

The server world matters to them though, which they are rapidly becoming obsolete in due to not pushing new high performance architectures.
I wouldn't call 3.2 GHz low speeds for a 16 core PD chip. Even so, a 3930K is like 3.5GHz in Turbo Boost. You'd get an insanely high TDP if you would clock it at 4-5 GHz, and it would still be slower than said chips. Not even considering the cost of such a big, relatively low yielding die vs a leaky consumer chip from 3 years back.I don't think it makes sense for AMD to produce those chips in large volumes to really compete.
There are 16 core Piledriver chips already. They don't hold a candle to something like a 3930K, let alone the new Haswell chips.
Great mother of all quotes, that's quite the sizeable post
No problem, glad it worked for you    With complex systems like these it's always good to test as little as possible at a time. There are just a lot of things that can go wrong. I take it that you just had a short inside your chassis (maybe a standoff that didn't line up correctly?)
Nothing much changed really. Just a couple of higher yielding units but no real shifts in FahCores.   Also, welcome back tmontney 
I think you might have a DoA board. Have you tried booting the system outside of the case (on a piece of cardboard for example)I first ran my system like this [[SPOILER]]
If it passes stability tests I wouldn't really see why not. Intel maintains very high margins so you can undervolt it quit a bit, depending on your needs of course.
I haven't dealt with EVGA RMA, but typically you submit an RMA directly (it's faster). Then, the reason for RMA is that the card does not POST (beep from the motherboard speaker).   You also list how you came to this conclusion (testing a different card and mentioning that the 8600GT does POST).
When you install a new CPU/RAM the BIOS detects this and reverts to default settings ;)