Posts by muselmane

Hey guys, about 4 months ago I stopped playing BF3 and also therefore didnt overclock my card anymore as I didnt need it. I was driving a imo great OC and good temps (for air cooled) and everything worked perfectly. Now I switched to W8.1 (from W7) and of course started playing BF4. Overclocking now seems nearly impossible. Im on 13.11 V8 and tried using the latest Afterburner beta15 and Sapphire Trixx but whatever I do, almost any overclock leads to either a...
is that i3 overclocked? Because my old i3 540 ate GTA4 for breakfast at 4ghz with a HD7950.
@Steelbom i cant speak for the 5S, though ive had a 5 in my hands a couple of times by now and especially when browsing the web and galleries ive noticed hickups/delayed renders that dont exist on my N4 (also the stock N4 is by far not lagfree). My point was that optimization > raw hardware performance. @Mike395 Of course it can give you a good idea of its performance, but still. I did not say that its contrary. Someone called it the pursuit of performance, which bugged...
Comparing benchmark results between, by now, so hugely different OSs simply has little to no meaningfulness. Apple optimizes the crap out of the software (not saying this is in any way bad) for just one chip for launch. If the same would be done for a any A15 related Quadcore Android Device, things wouldnt look so far apart anymore. Since the IP4(as far as i can remember back in this topic) Apple has always been faster than everyone else in certain benchmarks for a while...
so I checked back with Asrock, who have told me that removing the Heatsinks would void the warranty. I removed them anyway, as to me, there is no way of detecting if they were removed (simple plastic clip, went off really easily), just to find out, the paste/pad was in perfect condition. The VRM's looked fine as well, so my conclusion is, that its a general problem with this board not really being up to handling a mildly overclocked Sandy Bridge. Ive noticed a setting,...
in my case with a Extreme 4-M, anything above 4,2 was stretching it cooling wise with the VRMs. I checked everything, the CPU was throttled because of VRMs that went to 75°C within seconds in prime. Heatpads and cooling was all correct. I got rid of that board..... hard.
yeah well i know that now. When i bought it i only had a minute to check on the manufacturer's site for the VRM type and saw DIGI. The Layout of the Board looked fine and as i was going for a smaller case in general i wasnt gonna go higher than 4,2ghz as anything above that isnt absolutely necessary, while the smaller formfactor somewhat was. Ive only had excellent ASUS and GB boards before that and i will stick to those for the forseeable future when it comes to...
@wolfeking ive tried, what you suggested. Our LLC settings are a bit different. yours is in steps mine is in percent. I got 0%, 50% and 100%. also setting the loads to auto is no use as VRM temperature rises just as fast. On an afterthought im getting the feeling that the way the temperature was rising didnt seem normal to me. When i start prime it usually goes from 55 to 75 within a minute (steadily). Too fast even for that puny heatsink. Will removing it, to check if...
The vrms setups of the 4 and 4 M are different, although slightly. Ive tried attaching a Fan directly to the heatsink and although upped the plane klass.
Greetings, Once more i have fallen into the trap, that is Asrock advertisement and thinking motherboard reviewers recommending this motherboard had the slightest idea what they were doing. The Mosfets on this board are utter crap. Having said this, lets get to my issue. Im trying to overclock my 2600k on the forementioned board. My issue is not with bluescreens or instability etc. Im running a very mild overclock currently simply because i dont need more at the moment. Im...