Posts by ForNever

SourceHope GigaByte fixes this soon Sounds like GB is still digging into this, but anxious to see what they do about it.
That's a bit high for idle temps. I would try removing the HSF and reapplying thermal compound first.
I second this. Overclock to 4.5 and have at it.
It's not too much paste, but it sure looks like you had insufficient compression on the IHS/CPU judging from the distance that amount of paste (didn't) spread.
Is your radiator warm to the touch after a few minutes of IBT?
No. It shouldn't take all night long.
Interesting. I very much appreciate your input, but I have updates turned off. Riiiiiight, this is Microsoft, what should that matter? I'll look into that when I get home. Thanks bud. IIRC AppInfo and one other service were the ones using 12 - 15%, but I don't think it was update. Could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time hehe
I've been trying to figure out what the heck is using 12 - 15% of my CPU constantly lately, some process utilizing svchost, just can't figure out what. I thought I had it fixed after deleting adobe update from task scheduler, but kept happening again after reboot. Anyway, very nearly reinstalled win7 64 pro to install programs one by one and see if I could find the culprit, until I remembered this thread. Golly, what should I do? I guess I COULD UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10...
"svchost.exe (netsvcs)" is keeping my cpu from throttling down and it's staying locked at 4.7 ghz (normally idles at 1600 mhz). Anyone know of a way to stop it from doing this crap? I killed everything non essential, but the only way to get CPU at idle is to manually kill this process tree. Remember the episode of Breaking Bad when Walt flips out over the fly in the lab? It's like that...I'm going mad gents, please help! SOLVED: After some digging, it turned out to...
The chiller I've had for a few years has been great, but reaches saturation around 4.7 ghz @ 1.3 volts on current CPU, which means I was limited overclocking wise. I installed a second peltier chiller in series with the one I already have. Wired the pelts to a 30 amp automotive relay, and used the AQ6 low power relay to control it. Now when chilled water temps go over 20C the stage 2 chiller kicks on and keeps temps in line. I still need to create a fan profile to be...