Posts by ForNever

MX 518, 11 years now, but did have to replace left-click micro switch about 3 years ago.
That's a great idea, and I did it when I was in college. I can't remember off hand which model car you need to look for, but some have full copper heater cores. Hard part is just figuring out mating tubing to it.
Thanks for sharing with us. I'll have to give this a go next time I tear down. Neoprene rubber, and silicone are the two I have tried to ensure zero plastisizer takes place. Silicone worked great, and was semi-clear, but I got tired of topping off coolant, as evaporation occurs. Now I stick to a dark grey neoprene tubing. No plastisizer and no evaporation after about 7 months.
It doesn't appear so. Last release on that board rev 1 and 1.1 is from 2014.
I would really would like a decent set of cans. I currently have Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7BK sitting in my cart. Is there a better option for a mid range set of headphones though? I figured you guys would know!
Won't make a lick of difference as far as the order since you're only cooling one item.
Yes, that will definitely work, I have done something similar. link to this board? That would be much nicer than the 30 amp automotive relay I'm using now.
Gotcha, well it was worth a shot anyway. If it's only shutting down at load, then it's still highly likely the PSU. Don't suppose you have a buddy that would allow you to borrow one?
This isn't a 100% certain diagnosis by any means, but the following was taken from the review of your PSU. "Normally, this unit would have only gotten a half point deduction there because of the near excellent numbers I got in the hot box. But... this unit shut down in the hot box, dropping all outputs to zero." Here's the full review It seems that model does not tolerate heat well at all. Perhaps you can try removing the side cover of your case to see if that stops it...
That's pretty high voltage for the frequency. I would back it off to 4.5 and see how low you can get the voltage. You can fix the boot record error by using a flash drive with a windows installation .iso on it. Instead of installing, try repair