Posts by Lord Xeb

Please post a screenshot of the smart data and i will help you out. Also, Read Error Rates are normal. Doesn't seem bad at all. Generally speaking, if there are no reallocated, uncorrectable or pending sectors, you are fine. 10k hours is not that bad. I see a lot of drives in my job that have 25-30k (if not more). I would do a surface scan on it to make sure there are no bad sectors. Occasionally, smart doesn't update till a full surface scan is done. Additionally, do a...
Then I would say your USB drive is shot. When that kind of thing happens, more cases than not, it is time for a replacement. There have been many of times I have come across drives like that for data recovery. There is no way to save it if that last trick doesn't work. Sorry bud.
Nautilus is the file browers (like Finder on OSX and Explorer on Windows). Good thing is that it is showing up. Is there anything on the flash drive you need? If so, make sure you try to pull it off. If everything on the flash drive is safe, try the following: Open terminal and try: Code: df This will give you a list of all drives and partitions on the system. Look for your flash drive. To the left you will something like "/dev/disk2s1" Now, in terminal, type the...
If that was my chip I would be willing to push it a little more. Toasty, but nothing ti be afraid of. What kills a chip is the voltage, not the heat.
Welcome. Them years of being one of the best mac techs in the NY area helps
Seems like to me it USA database issue. Apple mail used SQLite, so it is possible for it to get messed up. There is a command you can try: sqlite3 ~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData/Envelope\ Index vacuum; Where it has v2 put V3 if your mail library resides there. This has to be ran from terminal. Works wonders.
Any PCIe card will work in ANY PCIe slot as long as it is long enough to support the card. For example, I can take a PCIe X1 card and put it into a a PCIe x16 slot without issues. The card will work and will only run at X1 speed (for obvious reasons). Also, it doesn't matter what slot you put it in either. Most modern RAID cards will support 3TB without issues. Do you have a budget? RAID cards and HBAs can get REALLY expensive REALLY fast. I have easily seen some go for...
If you download it it should install, though it will not always be in the control panel. Older systems did not have this and it was a separate app within either applications or utilities.
How much email do you have? Right click on your inbox and click get info. It should tell you how much mail you have. If Mail gets too big in size, it will start acting up and whatnot. Additionally, for a real rebuild, you can do this neat trick. Click "go" in finder, then press and hold the option key. You will see Library show up. Go into the Library and look for a folder called Mail In Mail > V2 (or V3) look for a folder called MailData I believe. There are 3 files...
Thanks. Samsung FTW!