Posts by Lord Xeb

Yet another reason to never leave my room...
Until the makers of Android phones can get their heads out of the sphincters and do proper updates, I don't think I will be buying a one soon. Looks nice but the update cycles and slow movement on security concerns is off putting. I don't like having to root a damn phone and flash my own. new and fully updated OS onto it. They FINALLY patched Stagefright in 5.1.1 for god sakes... My grandmother can move faster than that. I will stick to my iPhone thank you. At least Apple...
This should offer some much needed help in the PCIe sector.
I do a million PPD with this rig and another. On a good day this one can put out about 800mil. >.> either way your temps are fine.
Your temps are perfectly fine. i see no issues at all with them. Hell, my chip during folding hits about 83C and my video cards will hit up to about 80C as well. If that were my rig, letting the CPU get up to about 85C and the video cards hanging around 80C would be my comfort zone. Max temp on that processor I think is 95C and the card will start to throttle around 83C I think. Not sure. If someone wants to chime in on that and correct me.
Its already dying. Back everything off and replace it. Don't screw around with a failing hard drive. I have seen far too many customers loose data because of that. Also, 169 reallocated sectors is pretty bad.
You have a failing hard drive. Try to get your data off and replace it. No fixing it. Running chkdsk will not cause data loss. It is instead used to repair the file system and attempt to fix the file system. It will also attempt to recover files from bad sectors and reallocate them. However, if it finds bad sectors, replace the drive. Drives don't get better with time, they get worse. Some cases much worse.
That is actually incorrect. It will take up to 16GB of ram.
Sounds to me like caching issues and maybe an indexing problem. Try this: Type the following into terminal (or copy and paste): sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/* ~/Library/Application\ Saved\ State/* /Library/Caches/* /System/Library/Caches/* /private/var/folders/* This will remove all caches from the system and then on reboot, the unit will rebuild them. Should help quite a bit. Also, download Onyx (best program ever BTW). Under Automation, check off Repair Permissions,...
WHO DARES DISTURB ME FROM MY SLUMBER? ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY WITH YOUR LI- *hack, weeze*. Okay enough with that. Hm... That is one hell of a pickle and them some if I do say myself. Was the RAID broken, rebuilt then installed over? Or was it just formatted? Is one of the drives failing? Did you only recover data from one drive? Either way, personally, I love using R-Studio. It is about 80 bucks but one of the best software recovery programs I have used. It SHOULD...