Posts by Lord Xeb

To answer the question, I personally don't backup my OS (just data). Though, when I make a fresh copy I use acronis.
M.2 is a new form factor and plugs into a socket on the motherboard. M.2 is wired for both SATA and PCIe (depending on the controller of the SSD itself). The PCIe M.2 SSDs are VERY fast and it saves you on SATA ports. The only issue with them is that they take up some PCIe lanes. Otherwise it is well worth it. At work for our data recovery systems (we built custom machines for them) and have M.2 SSDs... Holy crap those things are fast. Windows 8 boots in like 5...
Source.Um... What? Coming from a background in farming and growing up with an uncle who was (and still is) a farm, this is kind of thing is dumb. Sometimes the software provided in these machines just doesn't cut it. Especially if you are in the field 18+ hours a day.*******Edited to add below information. ~mcg75.Second source for this story with more in depth information.SourceSeems Extremetech saw the story and took the parts they wanted as clickbait.All major automakers...
By god... I want it.
The 750 is MUCH faster
Keychains and Mail. Oh boy! So... Another mail issue. This one was a bit different (and normally these things are pretty mundane). Guy comes in saying his machine was running really slow and Mail took FOREVER to populate. Well, lets take a look shall we? First off, I take a look at mail. Only about 25GB in size. Try to open Mail, immediate beachball and just locks up. So, I come back to it and just let it sit. Next, onto a possible reason why it is running slow. I see...
Grab Macs Fan Control and use that to up the fan speed.
Oh Outlook. How I hate you so. Please, take this bottle of cyanide and DISAPPEAR! Sigh... I hate outlook. I mean, I REALLY hate outlook with a passion. Then, throw in a system that is mysteriously crashing it gets more irritating. So, this really awesome guy comes in with this machine (by awesome I mean he was cool to talk with and understanding ). He says his system will just randomly crash and his outlook is slow as crap. Well, yeah. Woot. Not. Outlook makes me cringe...
Google is an amazing thing. All about using those monkeys to find what you need.
OH HAI GAIZ! I HAZ UPDATE! Hello ladies, gentlemen, boys and pods. I, Lord Xeb, have an update (have 6 or something months of nothing interesting)! Lets see where we begin shall we? Which to choose? Crazy outlook search issue or machine randomly turning off for no reason? Hmm.... Lets start with the one that makes me want to flip a table. Okay, that is better. The POWER! It does NOT work! A customer comes in saying their 27 iMac is randomly shutting down without...