Posts by Lord Xeb

I may be interested. Have a friend who just got his system stolen. Looking to have the rest of my clan mates chip in and get a system built for him.
Maybe an upgrade from Ivy Bridge may be worth it.
You could do that but a drive that comes up as unformated likely has a lot of bad sectors. Even worse, it could be at the beginning of the drive in the MFT (master file table). If that is the case, then you are going to have a hard time. Additionally, the fact that drive is loosing readiness is even worse. Its possible that it has a failing head(s) as well. Maybe even some kind of firmware corruption of one of its modules. My best guess is a combination of bad sectors and...
The noise can also be caused by the platters spinning as well. Remember, hard drives are not air tight and they do allow air in and out of them.
It won't. 8"I tried installing a GT 120 into a machine here at work. The system will not boot.
Bad sectors cannot be worked around. They are a failure of the drive itself. Time for a replacement.
The bigger the gob the better the job they say. For me, it is the bigger the puzzle the more fun. I like a challenge. ^_^ Due to the NDA and whatnot, I am not sure if I will be able to make posts about what I do.
Well boys, like all great things, this one has come to an end. This Saturday will be the last do where I currently work and i will be moving into greener pastures. My next venture you ask? Advanced Data Recovery.
I would do so. If you are going to spend any money, go after a machine like a Mid 2010 MacBook Pro 13. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-MacBook-Pro-13-inch-Mid-2010-250GB-2-40GHz-Intel-Core-2-Duo-4GB-RAM-/252513101080?hash=item3acaf42518:g:4f8AAOSw-itXv1ND
You cannot. It does not support anything higher.