Posts by Magariz

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuFDuZu8wWt6gl7AbirVNqg
Just tried Action! and wow. 1080p60 recording with almost no fps loss. Bought a license for $20. Have zero issues in game with it raiding or in pvp. Dropped from 130fps to 100fps while recording in raid. Will have to check it in other games but still the lowest FPS drop I've seen from a recording software.
OBS wont let me downscale to 1080p. I can downscale to 1706x960 or 2048x1152. I haven't tried playing at 1080p and really have no interest in doing so as I bought this monitor to play at 1440p. Plays.tv records in 1080p while I'm playing at 1440p though.
That is where the problem is, I play at 1440p which puts a significantly higher strain on CPU/GPU.
Are you playing at 1440p? What settings are you using for OBS?
Yeah, got it to 4.5ghz now with no issues. Like I said, WoW records fine with not to big of an FPS hit but Watch Dogs and more modern games are going to take a hit.
I am trying to use the Elgato to maintain in game performance. I have been using the built in recorder from AMD Raptr and it works but in most games I have to turn my graphics way down to record at 1080p60. The Elgato, if I can get it to work, would be almost no performance hit. 720p30 is easily done, but the step up to 1080p hurts performance a lot. In LoL I had to set graphics to very low and it still played choppy even though my framerate was 90+. 720p30 in a WoW...
So apparently to use my elgato I need to enable Virtual Super Resolution in AMD CCC. However that option is not showing for me. Using AMD 14.12 Catalyst Omega drivers.
Massive artifacting in LoL, no problem in WoW or Watch Dogs
Thanks. Very happy now. Just need to figure out how to play at 1440p and use the elgato to record 1080p60. When ever I mirror the displays it forces both to 1080p. Ugh