Posts by silvergoat

It's not rich vs poor, or corporations vs everybody. There is only one entity that has the power to give and take- to oppress some on behalf of others, and it's not the corporation. Yet you would argue for government to take more, on your or 'our' behalf, to make it easier on us. How about not using the tax code as a weapon, and just being fair to everyone? Having re-read your post, it looks like you're not from here in the US, so your view of what the government role...
...or they could limit their spendinglooking at your signature, you have a lot of computer stuff...so do I...but either of us spent more than we earned, we shouldn't have the right to pilfer someone else's wallet to pay for our bad habit. The premise that big businesses use resources that they don't pay for is also wrong. Because of our progressive tax rate, people that earn more pay substantially more to create those public resources. The argument could be made that...
Blue collar job also doesn't mean you aren't going to amount to anything. Can't have everything, but if you're smart with your money, you can have more than you need fairly easily. For some reason, it's been put in peoples' heads that blue collar work, hard work, physical work is beneath people here, but it shouldn't be if your goal is to have money. Most of the people I know making over 100k don't have a degree- they just work hard and were smart early on in work...
Ha, yea!This is the internet, and we are commenting on a public figure's actions- The guy is a moron, regardless of his intentions....his public behavior proves it, and trying to assign any motive to the behavior of a jackass, in order to justify actions, is a waste of time. He's a tool, and deserves any ridicule he gets, since the actions that make him a moron have taken place, not only in public...but in nationally broadcast events.
Possibly unrelated: Just did a clean install on my years old corrupted Windows 7 install. I decided to switch the single boot drive to 2 SSD boot drives in RAID 0, especially after upgrading to a 4TB game/storage drive. My first symptom was a corrupt storage drive, and then my O/S began to fail randomly. After repairing the file system on both, (Gparted for out of geometry spec storage drive- restored partition table, and chkdsk for the boot drive)- I ran into a...
LSI 9211-8i can also be flashed to IT mode. I paid $112 on ebay, but it was new IIRC. I bought another one from Amazon months earlier for $210.
My 6 drive FreeNAS box shows under 100w, but I'm not sure how accurate the meter on the UPS is.
I have a similar quality FreeNAS box that I use for backups. Works great....only on when I need it, and I have room for backups of all my computers and a separate folder for documents and mp3 files that I want backups of. I'm not sure about how good the parts would be for an actual server. Even though home servers require much less than any real server can provide, most of the time, I've determined, people speak "optimistically" about minimum requirements. For me, the...
Got some pictures of the hard drive area. Wish I would have taken them as I was building it so you could see how tidy the cables were before they went in. The molex is a splitter for two SATA power plugs- those are used for the rear drives. I used 1 molex with two plugs, and 2 SATA with 3 plugs. Looking at the pictures, the angle of the data cable on the last drive above the power supply makes me nervous. I was getting an error in gparted, specifically on the third...