Posts by stilllogicz

Thanks, you've been a great help. +reps
Would using an FPS limiter to say 130 fps negate/mess up G-SYNC?
My current QNIX will become my 2nd monitor but not surround. I will still only game on the ROG while having things like chrome, mumble, skype, etc open on the QNIX to multitask. I really don't know much about the current gen of Nvidia cards but I'm definitely gonna choose between the 980's. I'd like to max current and upcoming games as close to 144 fps & Ultra settings as possible.If SLI 980 classies can do that and are overkill, no problem. That would rule out Tri SLI...
To get the most of this monitor, what would you gentlemen recommend between the following setups: SLI 980 classies (overclocked) or Tri SLI 980s (reference, no OC)?
Haha. Oh yea, once again, overclocking 101 via the silicone lottery that I didn't mention because it's common sense. Sorry I didn't mention the MHZ or the asic score, my voltage, ambient temps, fan speeds and whether I'm using push or push/pull. Oh yea.. I don't have the card or the setup and I'm inquiring for a general answer. Guess it's not common sense to think people would figure you're shooting a max overclock on a watercooled classy card. Guess it's not common...
Funny, it's almost as if I'm the one to throw the first swing in this. And yes obviously overclocking increases the power draw. You can overclock higher on water due to thermals as I'm sure you know. I didn't think I needed to reply with overclocking 101. I was simply asking if anyone could tell me what is the average power draw of a classy overclocked on a watercooling setup?Jesus christ, what has happened around here for the few months I've been gone?
lol at you. A Watercooled and overclocked classified will surely change it's power draw and the reason I want to know is I'm using those figures is to gauge what and how many radiators to buy. The reason I ask is these are typical things that people record when overclocking and benching their cards. If you have nothing of value to add, then please don't reply.
What is the average power consumption of 980 Classified that's overclocked and watercooled? For the Rog Swift 1440p monitor, would SLI 980 Classifieds overclocked or Tri-SLI reference 980's (stock or mildly overclocked) be better?
What is the average power consumption of 980 Classified that's overclocked and watercooled? For the Rog Swift 1440p monitor, would SLI 980 Classifieds overclocked or Tri-SLI reference 980's (stock or mildly overclocked) be better?
Looks great NoDoz. What do you think about the streaming engine?